Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1985 08/04/03 11:26 AM
MI
Sandra Offline OP
OP Offline
MI
Does anyone know if St. John's Wort is contraindicated to breastfeeding or if it doesn't mix well with the protocol meds? Thanks!!
Sandra Martin (mom to bio DS Tony 16yr., adopted DS Nathan 5yr., and hoping to adopt DD Jaida Rose 10 weeks old: court date is tomorrow!!)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi,
I don't believe it is contraindicated, as Lenore recommends it. I have read various research articles on St. Johns Wort,,,some say it works, some say it does nothing. Of all the herbal antidepressants, SAM-E is supposed to work the best...I don't know how that one works with the protocol though. I was very depressed on the protocol, and even now with the pumping and domperidone I am having bouts of depression...there is also a family hx of depression, my sister, neice, uncle, grandmother etc..all have clinical depression. I am usually ok if I keep up with an excersise regiment to boost natural serotonin levels...take care, Cathy

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.