photo of Lenore Goldfarb
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Y
yasta Offline OP
OP Offline
Y
I am increasing daily however, I have all these 1 ounce bags in the freezer. Can I just double up and freezer 2 days worth of liquid gold ?

Also I am leaving on 7/31 to fly to the States to pick up the baby, should I take my frozen milk? I rather not because it may be cumebrsome travelling with two boys, customs and such a long flight (15 hours with connections).

I plan to supplement with my Lact-Aid and use my frozen stuff when I return to Japan , Septmeber 1st. I only plan to be in the U.S. for 1 month. So the oldest milk will not be 2 months old when I return.

Thanks in advance

Yasta

California
C
experienced member
experienced member
C
California
Maybe you could pump like mad once you arrive and use that to give the baby ... will you be at the hospital? Maybe you can put the baby to breast right away?

Try to plan your "pumping bag" for your trip ... storage, soap to wash, etc. You can store your fresh milk for up to one week ... try to keep it at the back of the frig. You can combine days, but should cool the warm freshly pumped milk before adding it to the prior day's milk.

Aloha,
Christina

Christina ~ Wife of Henry, Jr. and mother of Henry III, born with the help of our Angel/GS

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.