Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#9900 09/23/07 10:13 PM
Douglasville, Georgia
R
OP Offline
R
Douglasville, Georgia
Well here we are and our BM is due anyday and she stopped taking our calls a week ago and when I texted her she sent me an email saying she's having problems with the BF, she said that his family wants to keep the baby and they have an attorney, it does not sound right to me since he was keeping everything a secret and his wif e is termally ill with cancer so we don't know what to believe so we are just sitting here not knowing what to think or do.

DW to David
mom to 2 teen boys EJ & Devin
Waiting on our Little Princess
Central Florida
Central Florida
Oh Rochelle,
I'm so sorry to hear about all the ups and downs. I know, for me at least, the unknown is so very hard. I'll be thinking about you and your family. Keep us updated, please,
Kim

Kimberlee Jo
wife to Jim
sahm
proud to be Abigail's mommy
A
A
Dear Rochelle,
My heart is with you... when I was going through the tough times with our adoption process sometimes the best thing I could do to handle it was to just breath very deeply three times. It was kind of a prayer that helped me with the fact that things were out of my hands.
Please do let us know how things are going...

extra helpful experienced member
Dear Rochelle,

I am so sorry this is happening to you. You said she is not answering your messages. Check the hospital and make sure she is not there giving birth already. I pray this works for you.

Adoptive mommy to 4 , Last 2 adopted nursed. Youngest nursed till she was 5! Raising 2 grandbabies, as infants they were raised on donor breast milk smile
Nona #9904 09/25/07 03:47 PM
Douglasville, Georgia
R
OP Offline
R
Douglasville, Georgia
Hi everyone thanks for your prayers and being there for me, she has not had the baby she is on complete bedrest because her blood pressure shot up, she is having issues with the birth father, all of a sudden he thinks he wants to parent, and she all stressed because she says she'do anyday and she doesn't know where baby is going. Please continue to pray for us and her as well she's very sick right now and the stress is not helping.

DW to David
Idaho
Idaho
Has the birth father been involved at all up to this point? She maybe able to appeal to a judge to revoke his rights. Are they still involved? I know you mentioned he is married to someone else. I hope it all works out.

Laurie~Craig's wife~Mom to 4 blessings nurtured at the breast CJ(24)Travis(21)Beka~adopted(9)Rab(6)
Lalle #9906 09/25/07 06:29 PM
Douglasville, Georgia
R
OP Offline
R
Douglasville, Georgia
Well we just received a email from the birth mom saying we cannot adopt her baby and to send her the info on repayment of the medical deductible and to please consider the case closed. How is that when you can't pay you bills? i'm sorry i'm a little upset right now.

DW to David
OMG! I am so so sorry. I don't know what else to say. This is horrible.

Adoptive mommy to 4 , Last 2 adopted nursed. Youngest nursed till she was 5! Raising 2 grandbabies, as infants they were raised on donor breast milk smile
Nona #9908 09/26/07 02:27 AM
Idaho
Idaho
I'm sorry too. I actually have a friend who this happened to. She was the birthmom and was planning to place her child for adoption, had a family picked out etc... Her ex who was not the father could have sued her for custody since the baby was conceived while they were still married. So legally she couldn't place Lily for adoption and instead chose to parent. She felt awful about it and even though it doesn't help your hurting heart I am sure your birthmom feels the same.

Laurie~Craig's wife~Mom to 4 blessings nurtured at the breast CJ(24)Travis(21)Beka~adopted(9)Rab(6)
Lalle #9909 09/26/07 05:39 AM
A
A
I really feel for you. It will be hard to mourn the loss of this baby. I am just glad the same thing didn't happen to you as did to us, that the birth mother handed us the baby for a day and then decided to take her back after we had already bonded with her in a more physical way. So that is something to be thankful for.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.