photo of Lenore Goldfarb
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
OP Offline
C
i sent an email to [email protected], but haven't received a response, so i am hoping for some help on this message board.

when i started this process, i consulted with a lactation consultant and she had me consult ask lenore website for protocols. neither the normal or accelerated protocols fit me, so i did a hybrid of the two. i have been on birth control pills for 8 weeks. i started domperidone 5 weeks ago, first with the 10 mg 4x a day for a week and then 20 mg 4x a day for the last 4 weeks. i have experienced breast changes.

however, i am at a loss as to when i should stop the birth control pills and start pumping. our baby is due may 20, however our surrogate has a medical issue and they will induce her sometime after 37 weeks, which is 5 weeks from today. we just won't know when until we get closer to that date.

considering that we have 5-8 weeks left of the pregnancy (probably closer to 5), when should i stop the birth control pills and start pumping? neither protocol fits me and i am not sure if it makes more sense for me to keep the domperidone + bc pills up OR to have 4 solid weeks of pumping before our baby is born?

any advice from someone who had a similar issue is appreciated!

thank you.

Indiana, United States
S
S
Indiana, United States
Courtaney, Congrats on your upcoming new arrival!

I have also sent an email to Lenore. I am looking to begin the menopause protocols within next week or two. I haven't heard back from her as of yet either but I am thinking it could take a couple weeks before we do. I can only imagine the amount of emails she receives on a daily basis. I wish I had the knowledge to help you but unfortunately I don't. Like you, I am just beginning my journey with induced lactation. I have had a very hard time finding a doctor who will help me with this process. I believe I have finally found one who will prescribe me what I need, provided she agrees with the protocol after going over it.

I have been going through the message boards and all the information for about 3 1/2 months now trying to learn as much as possible. I know that Claudia is an experienced member that is a fountain of information. Perhaps you could message her through this forum? She may be able to answer some of your questions until Lenore has time to get back to you through email.

Good Luck! I wish you all the best and a FULL supply of milk when your time comes!

Sondra Meadows
C
experienced member
experienced member
C
How are things going?

Indiana, United States
S
S
Indiana, United States
Well for me I had to have surgery and had to stop the protocol for the time being. I am waiting on the surgeon to release me. Unfortunately I couldn't find a doctor in my area willing to help me induce lactation. So I will have to order my medicine on my own. I am worried about what dosages to take though. My family doctor will oversee me while I'm on the protocol and make sure I'm safe and healthy she just won't order the prescriptions herself. What do you recommend Claudia? Prevera 2.5 or prometrium 100mg or a birth control pill? I will be using the menopause protocol as I had a total hysterectomy 14 years ago. I did breastfeed my daughter before that but that's been 20 years ago. Like I said I just want to make sure I take the correct doses. I will also be on the protocol at least 6 months before I start pumping in the hopes of getting as close to a full milk supply.

Sondra Meadows

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.