photo of Lenore Goldfarb
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
hollyl Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi!

I have twin boys, who are now 3 1/2. We spent 3 years of treatments to get them, and we tried pretty much since they were born, but to no avail. We decided to throw in the needles and adopt at the beginning of the year (2006), but recently discovered that we were in being scammed! (www.aplusplussolutions.com/barrenblessings.htm for articles and video clips on our story- yes I was actually on good morning america- what a twilight zone experience!) So, now here we are, a year later, and no closer to #3!

Dh and I want to try an embryo donation cycle instead of IVF with PGD or a Donor Egg cycle (although we are on the donor egg list just in case we can't find embies on our own). All of our paperwork is in, tests are done, and we are hoping to find donor embies privately to speed up the wait time. Our doctor doesn't have a donor embryo list and suggested networking... so I just have to give it my best shot! Since we were in the adoption realm for all of this year, I decided to make up a little "profile" about us- http://www.aplusplussolutions.com/EmbieHope/ It has pictures and a little about us. If you happen to know anyone who has decided to donate their frozen embies, and they may be interested, please pass along our little website!

I just wanted to throw it out there, just in case! You just never know how things will work out!

Thanks!
Holly

Last edited by Lenore; 12/28/06 05:53 PM.

Visit my website for Custom Mei Tai Baby Carriers and more! www.hollieshobbies.net
Idaho
extra helpful experienced member
Idaho

Laurie~Craig's wife~Mom to 4 blessings nurtured at the breast CJ(24)Travis(21)Beka~adopted(9)Rab(6)
Idaho
Idaho
Also I get an error page when I click on your site

Laurie~Craig's wife~Mom to 4 blessings nurtured at the breast CJ(24)Travis(21)Beka~adopted(9)Rab(6)
Canada
L
L
Canada
The link is working now. Our server performed some maintenance that involved updating our security and some links were not working. Sorry for the incovenience.

Best,

Lenore Goldfarb, Ph.D.,CCC,IBCLC
Wife to Rob, Mom to Adam aged 13, and Ethan aged 9, both born via GS and breastfed via Regular Newman-Goldfarb Protocol.
hollyl Offline OP
OP Offline
I have looked into Snowflakes, and they address embryo donation as an adoption, requiring a homestudy (which we already have), but also charging a large fee for matching... $8,000 just for their fee, with no guarentee that it will actually work. I understand the concept, but I don't agree with the program.

Visit my website for Custom Mei Tai Baby Carriers and more! www.hollieshobbies.net
Holly,
Have you looked on [url=Http://www.surromomsonline.com][url=Http://www.surromomsonline.com][url=Http://www.surromomsonline.com][url=Http://www.surromomsonline.com]Http://www.surromomsonline.com[/url][/url][/url][/url] They have classifieds and there are always women wanting to be egg donors. Some for just a couple of thousand. Some for free. This is where I found both of my surrogates. The one that deivered for us. And the one we will be starting insems in January.

Last edited by Nona; 12/29/06 02:02 PM.

Adoptive mommy to 4 , Last 2 adopted nursed. Youngest nursed till she was 5! Raising 2 grandbabies, as infants they were raised on donor breast milk smile
M
experienced member
experienced member
M
Hello Holly!

I remember your story... we emailed a few times about BB... I was using the same service...

Anyway, just thought I'd see if things have worked out for you?

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.