home
Posted By: mamabear20 Natural to Meds & Power Pumping - 01/25/15 03:51 PM
About three weeks ago I started to naturally induce lactation(never given birth or been pregnant). I was taking fenugreek but it was very hard to find blessed thistle locally, and I was pumping every two hours around the clock. I discovered new veins on my breasts and that was the only change I had noticed. I'm impatient so I wanted things to get moving. I knew that I wanted to start domperidone eventually so I ordered it. With no results I was eager and took two tablets of vomistop the day it came in the mail, which was two days ago. The next day after taking the dom , I had clear drops coming to my nipples all day. This morning when I woke up I had a drop fall off of my nipple. I know it's not much, but for two days I think it's great. Along with the dom, I'm taking 3 capsules of Fenugreek, 3 capsules of blessed thistle, and one capsule of VitaNica Lactation blend 4xday. The Lactation blend had goats rue in it which I thought I would need for the milk making tissue & my breasts were huge after about three days. I didn't want to take bcp because I don't like the way my body acts afterwards. I think my biggest help is POWER PUMPING. Pumping 10 minutes, rest 10 minutes, then pumping again. I do this for up to two hours or whenever I have enough time. I really think it's helping me but it's hard to tell with such little time I've been doing this. I'm also drinking tons of water and eating oats at least 3 times a week. I hope this helps somebody smile
Posted By: Claudia Re: Natural to Meds & Power Pumping - 01/25/15 04:52 PM
Sounds like you are making great progress! Keep us updated.
Posted By: mamabear20 Re: Natural to Meds & Power Pumping - 01/31/15 09:03 PM
Update: Just a few minutes ago, I pumped after hand expressing all morning and for the first time I got a little over one ounce. I feel so accomplished smile But yesterday I skipped a dose of domperidone. I have been taking 20mg 4 times a day & yesterday I only had 20mg 3 times throughout the day. This makes me think that taking more isn't better. I believe that the more pumping and expressing that's done then the more milk. I'm currently pumping both sides for 20-25 minutes then hand expressing for another 10-15 and that seems to be working so well for me.
Posted By: Claudia Re: Natural to Meds & Power Pumping - 02/01/15 02:15 PM
That's great news. I am glad you are seeing improvement!
Posted By: Yurty Re: Natural to Meds & Power Pumping - 10/05/16 02:22 PM
I am just beginning on the domperidone 10 4x a day and progesterone 1 x aday. Did you follow the protocol on this site? When did you start pumping? I am going to rent a pump but wonder when I should start that. I have been hand stimulating whenever I am in a place I can get away with it as I also believe this is the best way to stimulate, the ways our ancestresses did, but as I am needing to rush this a bit, I am using the drugs. I will try the herbs you suggested too, but am wanting to make sure there are no adverse effects with either medication. Really needing to fast track this process.
© Ask Lenore Forums