home
Posted By: SuzzyQ only drops - 07/13/11 08:25 PM
I have been pumping for 2 months was only getting drops. now i have been on 3 Blessed Thistle herb (390 mg per capsule) and 3 Fenugreek seed (610 mg per capsule capsules of each, 3 times aday and 20 mg 4 times a day of domperidone for 2 weeks now and i'm still only getting drops what can I go to get more than drops?
Posted By: michelep Re: only drops - 07/13/11 08:56 PM
I would up the domperidone to 30 mg 4x/day. Also I don't know how much you are pumping, but the more you pump the more you will make. It's a supply and demand equation. You will get more if you are diligent about pumping but it is hard work!
Posted By: Claudia Re: only drops - 07/13/11 10:16 PM
Suzzy,

How often are you pumping? What type of pump are you using? Did you use the protocol (birth control pills)? If so, how long? One thing that I found that really helped me increase from just drops is compression. While I was pumping I would use my thumbs to massage the breasts and push the breast tissue into the flange. That is how I first got sprays while pumping. After pumping I would also hand compress and get some milk out. I got sprays from hand compression before I did while pumping. Consistency is key.... keep to a schedule of pumping and you will see progress. Keep up the good work!
Posted By: SuzzyQ Re: only drops - 07/14/11 08:20 PM
I pump at 6:40am before work and than when done with work at 2pm I pump every 3 hours. until 11pm when i go to bed. I was only able to do acc protocol for one week due to doc stopping me for the risk of blood clots.
Posted By: Claudia Re: only drops - 07/14/11 10:06 PM
Suzzy,

What about adding a couple of hand expression sessions in at work. Even if you can't do it for 20 minutes it is better than nothing. I did this and it helped me. Have you tried waking up at 3am to take advantage of the natural increase in prolactin?
Posted By: jenmarko Re: only drops - 07/15/11 02:43 AM
It took me 5 days to get more than drops and that was after being on the regular protocol for 11 months. What made a difference for me was looking at pictures of babies (preferably crying babies) while pumping. I think it was psychological.

I increased pretty quickly after that.

Jennifer
© Ask Lenore Forums