home
Posted By: Anonymous 29 days on Acc Protocol & PBM is set to be induced - 01/05/05 08:48 PM
on Friday. My breasts have definitely increased one cup size and are tender, but I would not describe them as being "heavy & painful". My question is whether I should start pumping tomorrow to help prepare for the baby or if I should stay on the protocol until the baby is born. Please help!

Jane
Jane what will they do if induction doesn't work?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 29 days on Acc Protocol & PBM is set to be ind - 01/06/05 01:13 PM
I am not sure. I am hoping that won't be an issue.

Jane
I haven no advice on the protocol, but I wanted to say good luck to you, Jane! Keep us posted! You must be over the moon with excitement!!

God bless,
Jill
Jane, do you have the lact aid? You could stop the BCP and take the dom and the added herbs start pumping every 2-3 hours and as soon as you have the baby in your arms nurse with the lactaid (with formula or pumped/donated milk) then pump after each feed.
Hugs and best wishes.
I was only able to be on the protocol for 17 days because the baby came early. My breasts had increased a full cup size, but were not 'heavy/painful' either. I did as Lalle said and stopped the bcp the day he was born and started nursing him with the l/a. After 3 months of nursing with the l/a, I was able to stop using it, as I had a full supply.

Good luck and keep us updated. Also I would try to meet with a lactation consultant as soon as you can to help with latching while using the lact aid. This was probably my biggest challenge.
© Ask Lenore Forums