home
Posted By: Jalx preparation or not - 06/08/06 02:40 PM
Great news! The social services might have a baby for us NOW... (they previously told us it might take between 8 to 18 months...) I was planning to prepare for BF after the summer.
I breastfed my bio daughter for 2 1/2 year, stopped a year ago and stil produce a little milk. I express drops a few times daily since I know we are going to adopt. From the day I got the news... I have more milk, it even sprays a little!
We might have the baby in a few weeks, should I try pumping? I would really like to bf him, there is only one obstacle - it is a with foster-adopt program and I don't know what the SW will think of this. I can't ask her now, it will have to wait our next meeting, in 1-2 weeks.
Posted By: Lalle Re: preparation or not - 06/08/06 08:11 PM
well, even if you can' t breastfeed due to your situation you can pump and provide milk. Do you have a pump? If you have a double pump you might try pumping. YOu could go on the natural protocol and pump like mad to bring in milk. Or you could order dom and the buy the herbs and pump like mad.
Posted By: Jalx Re: preparation or not - 06/12/06 06:41 PM
Thanks! ... I didn't think of that, it's true I can give him breastmilk, even if I don't breastfeed, it's a good idea !
© Ask Lenore Forums