home
Hello, I started the protocol just barely past one week ..and today I have break thru bleeding is that expected so soon? I have not skipped any pills ... any ideas? Thanks.
I think break through bleeding is pretty common. When starting the BCP's it is best to start on day 5, because that is when hormone levels are ideal. I did this and didn't have breakthrough bleeding until I was on the protocol for 5 months. I then had some bleeding for a week or so and then it went away again.
Jennifer
Oh...I had no idea...I just started as soon as I received my pills. When you say day 5 do you mean day 5 of my cycle?? I am confused ? Also I do have breast changes not dramatic like one whole cup size up, but I do feel my breast are more dense and the achy feeling is there.. no pain just a slight soreness, does that get more dramatic by day 10 or does that pretty much level off by this point? BTW I am 46 perhaps that has an impact on the effect of the hormones on my breasts?? not as effective? Since my hormones are already a little out of order!! in comparison to a 26-36 year old?? Thanks for the reply..
Hi Alicia,

Just to encourage you, I was 46 when I started on the accelerated protocol.
My DD is now 11 months old and exclusively BF. I used the lact aid and that made a huge difference. I gained a complete supply by 3 months.:)
It sounds like you are doing great. My breasts did get bigger, but not a whole cup size (I have a bio son too and they didn't change that much when I was pregnant either). A little achy sounds like they are doing what they are supposed to.

Starting on day 5 of your cycle can help, but really isn't "necessary" to have a good outcome. I think it can just help prevent the spotting.

Jennifer
© Ask Lenore Forums