home
Posted By: StephM Day 1 of normal protocol. Any Advice. - 01/25/14 02:47 PM
HI All

I am just starting day one of the normal protocol. We are adopting a baby that is due June 12. Only 4.5 moths too go, hopefully normal protocol is still ok.

I will be starting the bcp and domperidone today! My doctor was a little hesitant to want to do this but he did finally agree, he just wants to keep in contact with me throughout the process and make sure everything is fine. He was concerned as he was prescribing medication for something other than what it is intended for.

I am on the Ortho 0.5/35. Is that ok or does it need to be the 1/35?

Any advice? I was pregnant only once before and miscarried at 5 weeks, also have PCOS. Heres to hoping all goes well and I can breastfeed our baby!
Posted By: Tasche Re: Day 1 of normal protocol. Any Advice. - 02/13/14 08:04 PM
Hi Steph,
Don't know the answer to your question, but thought I'd say hi as we're in the same boat. I just started the protocol yesterday (using Ortho 1/35), and we are expecting a baby through adoption on July 12th. I breastfed my son (who was adopted at birth four years ago) by using the protocols, and his birthmom is pregnant again and planning to place with us. I have a different doctor than I did last time, and she was also hesitant about the domperidone.
This is my third time on the protocols - first time we had a failed adoption. I used Yaz that time but it made me really moody; then with my son I started about eight weeks ahead of birth, using Ortho 1/35. I brought in about half his supply and then used a SNS with formula so that all his feeding was done at the breast. Hoping that I'm starting far enough in advance to bring in more milk!
Good luck!
© Ask Lenore Forums