home
Posted By: yohopi need advice on pumping - 06/17/04 04:40 PM
It seems that the baby is going to be here earlier than expected, so I have begun pumping today. I pumped once and nothing has come out yet... no clear drops or disharge.

I pumped with the PIS for 15 min, min vacuum and speed 2 for 5 min, then decreased speed to 1 for 10 min.

Any pointers? I am stil on the dom, have discontinued hormones and am doing the Blessed Thistle and FEnugreek. Its been 2 hous, so time to pump again!

Thanks!
Posted By: Kerri Re: need advice on pumping - 06/17/04 06:44 PM
I wouldn't expect to see anything for a day or two. The bc pills have to work their way out of your system first. Just stick to 10 minute double-sided pumping sessions to stimulate your breasts. You're looking for nipple stimulation, not so much to collect milk yet.

Kerri
Posted By: Nona Re: need advice on pumping - 06/17/04 07:11 PM
your speed is to low. Start out on LOW suction but FAST pumping for 5 minutes. Then reduce the FAST to about 3. It was several days before I got any drops. After a few days work your SUCTION up to medium. But DO NOT go past medium
Posted By: yohopi Re: need advice on pumping - 06/18/04 01:06 AM
Thanks Kerri.

Nona,

I adjusted the speed like you said and saw some clear drops almost like perspiration on my right nipple after pumping. Nothing on my left nipple yet. Is that normal?

How many times should I pump during the night?

Thanks!
Posted By: Nona Re: need advice on pumping - 06/22/04 03:26 PM
Yes this is normal.. Your doing it right. I would only pump 1 time during the night. But try to get in every 2 hours during the day light hours
© Ask Lenore Forums