home
Posted By: mindyfrank Crinone 8% gel - 09/19/06 03:36 PM
Hi all, I'm new to this section. I was at the adoptive bf section before...but after 1 1/2 years of pumping and 4 failed adoptions, we are trying to get pg. We've been trying for 7 mos. And I do have 2 bio sons, so I should be able to concieve, I hope. I'm on metformin (for PCO), & clomid. This month I had only one viable egg (but one is all you need right;). I had my LH surge at 2pm on Sat. (I tested at 6pm again, and surge was already over, so, I just caught it!) We were intimate Fri nite, Sat nite and Mon nite. On Mon at 11:30 am I had an ultrasound confirming that the egg did release (probably sometime on Sunday). My concern is that my Dr prescribed Crinone 8% gel to begin Mon nite. Isn't that too soon????????
This is my first month w/crinone. I called the manufacturer directly and spoke to an RN, but she couldn't/wouldn't advise on when to start it....sd to follow Drs orders. So, I took the middle of the road and did the suppository at 3:30am (this, Tues early morning). Was this too soon? Or ok?
Thanks in advance to anyone replying! It takes some real calculating to figure all of this out!!!
Mindy
Posted By: Lalle Re: Crinone 8% gel - 09/19/06 05:37 PM
Mindy I am no expert. I am assuming this gel is the progesterone right?
If so I will tell you that there are a number of same sex couples on another board I am on and they start the progesterone suppositories immediately after IUI. Many of them have successfully gotten pregnant this way. So based on that I would say it is not too soon. But again I am not an expert.
Fingers crossed for you that you caught this eggie and it will stick.
Posted By: mindyfrank Re: Crinone 8% gel - 09/19/06 08:52 PM
Thanks Lalle! I was fortunate enough to hear from Lenore on the subject as well, and am feeling more confident now that this is the right timing. Warmly, Mindy
Posted By: Lenore Re: Crinone 8% gel - 09/20/06 05:43 AM
Hi Ladies,

That's afirmative on the progesterone. Most clinics recommend begining ASAP after a transfer or insemination to help the lining of the uterus and implantation. You go girl!!!

Best,
© Ask Lenore Forums