home
Posted By: hollyl Plan C - The Search for an Embie Donor! - 12/28/06 02:50 PM
Hi!

I have twin boys, who are now 3 1/2. We spent 3 years of treatments to get them, and we tried pretty much since they were born, but to no avail. We decided to throw in the needles and adopt at the beginning of the year (2006), but recently discovered that we were in being scammed! (www.aplusplussolutions.com/barrenblessings.htm for articles and video clips on our story- yes I was actually on good morning america- what a twilight zone experience!) So, now here we are, a year later, and no closer to #3!

Dh and I want to try an embryo donation cycle instead of IVF with PGD or a Donor Egg cycle (although we are on the donor egg list just in case we can't find embies on our own). All of our paperwork is in, tests are done, and we are hoping to find donor embies privately to speed up the wait time. Our doctor doesn't have a donor embryo list and suggested networking... so I just have to give it my best shot! Since we were in the adoption realm for all of this year, I decided to make up a little "profile" about us- http://www.aplusplussolutions.com/EmbieHope/ It has pictures and a little about us. If you happen to know anyone who has decided to donate their frozen embies, and they may be interested, please pass along our little website!

I just wanted to throw it out there, just in case! You just never know how things will work out!

Thanks!
Holly
Posted By: Lalle Re: Plan C - The Search for an Embie Donor! - 12/28/06 05:40 PM
Hollie have you looked here?
http://www.nightlight.org/snowflakeadoption.htm
Posted By: Lalle Re: Plan C - The Search for an Embie Donor! - 12/28/06 05:41 PM
Also I get an error page when I click on your site
Posted By: Lenore Re: Plan C - The Search for an Embie Donor! - 12/28/06 05:54 PM
The link is working now. Our server performed some maintenance that involved updating our security and some links were not working. Sorry for the incovenience.

Best,
Posted By: hollyl Re: Plan C - The Search for an Embie Donor! - 12/28/06 09:46 PM
I have looked into Snowflakes, and they address embryo donation as an adoption, requiring a homestudy (which we already have), but also charging a large fee for matching... $8,000 just for their fee, with no guarentee that it will actually work. I understand the concept, but I don't agree with the program.
Posted By: Nona Re: Plan C - The Search for an Embie Donor! - 12/29/06 02:01 PM
Holly,
Have you looked on [url=Http://www.surromomsonline.com][url=Http://www.surromomsonline.com][url=Http://www.surromomsonline.com][url=Http://www.surromomsonline.com]Http://www.surromomsonline.com[/url][/url][/url][/url] They have classifieds and there are always women wanting to be egg donors. Some for just a couple of thousand. Some for free. This is where I found both of my surrogates. The one that deivered for us. And the one we will be starting insems in January.
Hello Holly!

I remember your story... we emailed a few times about BB... I was using the same service...

Anyway, just thought I'd see if things have worked out for you?
© Ask Lenore Forums