home
Posted By: NVRGIVEUP ON MY 5TH MISCARRIAGE - 11/24/04 05:30 PM
HI I AM NEW HERE, I AM GOING THREW MY 5TH CONSECUTIVE MISCARRIAGE RIGHT NOW VERY EARLY ONLY 18 DAYS PAST O. MY LONGEST PREG WAS 10 WKS. I GUESS I AM FRUSTRATED BECAUSE I JUST HAD A SEPTUM REMOVED FROM MY UTERUS BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT MY DR THOUGHT WAS THE PROBLEM ( I HAVE BEEN TESTED FOR EVERYTHING ELSE AND IT ALWAYS COMES BACK NORMAL (BESIDES I TAKE PROGESTERONE SHOTS DURING MY PREG) I HAVE BEEN GOING THREW THIS FOR 3 YEARS AND I AM BEGINING TO WONDER IS I WILL EVER CARRY A PREG TO FULL TERM. SO I AM LOOKING FOR ANYONE OUT THERE THAT HAS GONE THROUGH SOMETHING SIMILIAR BUT HAS EVENTUALLY HAS A FULL TERM PREG. THANKS
Posted By: Lenore Re: ON MY 5TH MISCARRIAGE - 11/26/04 03:22 PM
Dear Friend,

My heart goes out to you. As a mother who lost 8 pregnancies to recurrent miscarriage, I understand how devastated you must feel.

There is an article that may interest you on our site located here: http://www.asklenore.info/miscarriage/print/bickp.html

Have a look at it. Dr. Bick recommends the use of heparin and baby aspirin. This is your first line of defence. Many pregnancies will continue with the use of heparin and baby aspirin. Most women use the refinded form of heparin called Fragmin because it is less hard on your body. Progesterone support is also a very good idea.

If you were to suffer another loss following progesterone, heparin, aspirin thereapy, then you would want to investigate further. There are several centres where you can do that. They are listed on this page http://www.asklenore.info/miscarriage/rcindex.html

Please read the article and look over the other information and then get back to me with any questions or concerns you may have.

My thoughts and prayers are with you dear.

Warmest regards,
Posted By: Anonymous Re: ON MY 5TH MISCARRIAGE - 09/30/05 10:27 PM
Hello,

I feel as though I am nearly in the same boat... have just gone through my 6th miscarriage a month ago. Have already gone through the baby asprin / heparin use for the 5th and 6th miscarriages; both ending at 11.5 weeks. No pregnancy has made it to term in my case. Genetic testing has come back normal, so I am feeling frustrated with doing everything "right" and having my outcomes come out so poorly. Will continue to search, but feeling discouraged too. Will give it time before decide overall how / if I will proceed with attempts at pregnancy in the future.
© Ask Lenore Forums