home
Posted By: lojo Is this normal? - 10/23/10 03:33 PM
Hi Everyone,

My husband and I are planning on adopting our first baby in Mid - November and I'm doing the protocol so that I can breastfeed. So, never lactated before. I took bcp for 3 months (and started the domp.) and just started pumping and herbs a little over a week ago. I'm getting over a tsp each day but it's been like that for about 5 days now. And I can still hand express quite a few milk drops from each side after every pumping session. Is this normal? Or should I look at getting a better pump? I'm using the Avent Isis Duo electric pump and the suction seems strong enough (I can only pump on high if I work up to it on each session - can't start there). But I do not want to waste time if I need a better pump.

The hospital pumps available to rent in our city are mostly the Ameda elite and I think there is one Medela, (symphony or lactina). Any preference between these two? I've also posted on the buy/sell forum for a used limerick.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Posted By: lojo Re: Is this normal? - 10/25/10 01:25 AM
Oops! I think this belongs under inducing lactation. I'm still trying to figure my way around the site. So I'm going to move my post over there.
© Ask Lenore Forums