home
Posted By: Tobin's Should I pump once he's born? - 12/03/12 01:14 PM
When Tobin comes, should I still be pumping or just demand feeding? I know I'll pump when I go back to work, but what about while I'm home?
Posted By: Colette Re: Should I pump once he's born? - 12/03/12 01:31 PM
I have heard moms say that they pump 15 minutes after a feeding. This will stimulate your breasts to make more milk. More milk to increase your supply Force-feeding or storing.
Posted By: Colette Re: Should I pump once he's born? - 12/03/12 01:36 PM
That came out all wrong! I am verbally dictating this and did not preview it before I pushed send. This is what it was to read.

I have heard moms say that they pump 15 minutes after a feeding. This will stimulate your breasts to make more milk. More milk to increase your supply for feeding or storing.
Posted By: Claudia Re: Should I pump once he's born? - 12/03/12 10:03 PM
I agree. I would pump after he feeds. You want to let your body know to increase your volume.
Posted By: jenmarko Re: Should I pump once he's born? - 12/03/12 10:08 PM
I did pump after feeds for about 3 months the first time I induced. It was tiring and a lot of work. The second time, I trusted my body more and didn't pump much after I got to the point of ebf. So I guess it depends on where you are. If you are still supplementing, then I would think about pumping after some feeds, but trying to do it every time is too much, in my opinion.

Jennifer
Posted By: Tobin's Re: Should I pump once he's born? - 12/04/12 12:46 PM
Jennifer,

That's kind of what I was worried about. I can see myself pumping occasionally, but every time (especially if he's feeding every other hour or so) seems like I'd never have time for anything else!
Posted By: jenmarko Re: Should I pump once he's born? - 12/05/12 06:34 AM
I picked specific feedings. I always pumped after the last pump before bed (usually more time before the next feed) and the first pump in the morning (was usually when I had the most milk). Sometimes I would pump in the middle of the night and maybe one other time during the day.

Where is your supply at right now?
Jennifer
Posted By: Tobin's Re: Should I pump once he's born? - 12/05/12 02:12 PM
Now I'm getting about 3 ounces/day. I haven't been able to get it any higher than that.
Posted By: jenmarko Re: Should I pump once he's born? - 12/06/12 03:01 AM
How long have you been pumping?
Jennifer
Posted By: Tobin's Re: Should I pump once he's born? - 12/06/12 12:13 PM
Oh, a while! I started in September!
© Ask Lenore Forums