Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Texas
E
OP Offline
E
Texas
Okay, I got my pump today. It is a medela classic. I got a few clear drops from my right breast, nothing from the left. I am excited, as this was my first time to pump. I feel "bruised", and have realized (with the help of a LC) that I need bigger nipple shields (funnels). These are 24mm and I need 30mm. I will be getting those tommorow.

I bought Blessed Thistle and fennugreek today, along with Mother's Milk tea.

Now, for the questions:

How much:

Blessed Thistle and when do I start?

Fennugreek and when do I start?

Does the Mother's Milk Tea REALLY help?

I have seen Rasberry tea listed as helping, but does it REALLY help?

We have less than 3 weeks before the baby comes (could be any day really), and it would take almost that long to get the Domperidone. Should I try to get it anyhow?

I am also eating oatmeal and drinking LOTS of water.

I am also massaging, trying to hand express, and using relaxation techniques.

Thanks!

Heather

Wyatt 11, Tucker 10, Michaela 9, Troy 1.5(domestic adopt), "W" 5 months,(domestic adopt)
Pennsylvania
T
TLC Offline
T
Pennsylvania
Congratulations on getting such a good start! Keep up the good work, and I would say yes, order the Domperidone.

TLC Adoptive Mom to son born 8/27/05 Domestic Infant Adoption Program
J
J
I was instructed to begin the Fenugreek & Blessed Thistle after milk began.....and I began the Dom right away...I never did the BCP's but I began pumping about 2 months ago, but didn't really get anything that I could freeze until about a month ago....but now I have 23 oz in my freezer and I am now getting about 2-3 oz per day!! It really adds up, but rememeber to come here when you get discouraged.....our kiddos are due near the same time....mine is due Aug 20, but could be any day now......so email me if you want any amt of support....I know I feel very discouraged at times.....
Jenn
jenn_minder@yahoo.com
Oh, I am currently taking 2 Dom (20mg) 4 times per day....
Fenugreek (3 caps) 3 times per day (should be taken 4 times, but I get horrible headaches if I take that much)
Blessed Thistle same as Fenugreek

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.