Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#6174 08/15/05 04:07 PM
K
Kalli Offline OP
OP Offline
K
I have had a headache since Friday and I am wondering if y'all think it is the herbs. I am taking Fenugreek, Blessed Thistle and Alfalfa. I spoke with our local LC and she thinks that it is the herbs. She suggested that I discontinue the herbs and add another pumping session early in the morning to make up for it. What do y'all suggest?

Thanks,
Kalli

J
J
Kalli,
I had a lot of headaches when I began taking everything too, I am taking Dom, Blessed Thistle and Fenugreek.....I had a constant headache, but I decreased everything for a while, then incresed it again, I still get them, but not as often and not as bad, if I get them a lot again, I just decrease the dosage again......sorry, not much help....hope your headaches get better.

HUGS,
Jenn

K
Kalli Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Thanks, Jenn!
I really think it was the herbs b/c I didn't take any herbs yesterday (just the dom) and my headache was gone by noon. Also, my milk supply was way down. So, I decided that it probably is worth it to take some of the herbs...maybe just not as much. I took 1 fenugreek with b-fast and I will continue to take 1 with atleast 2 meals a day for the next few days. Then, if everything is okay, I will add a blessed thistle and so on until I am taking the alfalfa, too. I may have been taking too much fenugreek anyway b/c the bottle says to only take 1 pill 2 times a day and I read here to take 3 pills 3 times a day. My dosage must be a lot higher or something. I am going to follow the directions on the bottle.
Good luck with your headaches, too!
-kalli

K
K
Kalli:
I would cut out the alfalfa and just stick with the Fenuegreek and Blessed Thistle. Do you have allergies? I could never take alfalfa because of my asthma/hayfever reaction. The protocol only mentions the two herbs. Why have extra load?

Just an idea.
Good luck in tweaking your protocol,

Karie Domestic Adoption Program Girl, born Sept. 19, 2005 Girl, born Aug 8, 2001
K
Kalli Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Karie,
An allergic reaction may have been part of my problem! Good suggestion. Part of my headache was in my face, around one eye and behind the right side of my nose and cheek. That does sound like allergies, doesn't it!?
Good thinking!
Thanks,
Kalli

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.