Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
K
Karie Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Hi
I weaned off the domperidone and continued with the herbs and oatmeal. My supply dwindled from about 1- 1 1/2 ounces each morning feeding to less than 1/2 an ounce, mostly in the middle of the night feeding. I never got back to pumping regularly but the baby has a very good suck and draws out whatever is there. She's 3 months old now. I stopped the dom due to expense. We are cutting back on spending right now.

I was a little disappointed that I didn't make as much this time compared to a year ago (from a failed adoption) but I wasn't able to maintain as good of a pumping schedule this time.

Any ideas? Looks like without dom, you don't produce well. I mught add that i'm in my late 40's and don't know if that adds to it.

Question to Lenore: What's Goat's Rue? Is that a helpful herb to add to the mix?

It's 7:30 p.m. I'm going to go pump. We'll see how I do.
Back later,

Karie Domestic Adoption Program Girl, born Sept. 19, 2005 Girl, born Aug 8, 2001
K
Karie Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Hello again,
well, I only got a few drops at this time in the evening. I expect some will build up for in the middle of the night.

Karie Domestic Adoption Program Girl, born Sept. 19, 2005 Girl, born Aug 8, 2001
Canada
L
extra helpful experienced member
extra helpful experienced member
L
Canada
Hi Karie,

Congratulations on a valiant effort! All you need is about 1/2 oz per feeding for your little one to receive just about all the immune benefits. Have you tried www.globaldrug.tv? They have the best domperidone prices.

Goat's rue works well for some moms. It's an herb that is very popular in California. It's purported to build breast tissue. But my opinion is that if you're going to spend the $$ on anything, you're better off spending it on the domperidone. You can cut back on the dose to save some $$ if that would help.

Fenugreek is the mother of all herbal galactogogues. And there has been some talk of an herb from overseas called Shatavari.

The most efficient way to increase your milk supply is to supplement at the breast with either the Medela SNS or Lact-aid. Some moms have brought in their milk supplies with just this alone.

Start with this and please keep me posted on your progress.

Best,

Lenore Goldfarb, Ph.D.,CCC,IBCLC
Wife to Rob, Mom to Adam aged 13, and Ethan aged 9, both born via GS and breastfed via Regular Newman-Goldfarb Protocol.

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.