photo of Lenore Goldfarb
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
OP Offline
B
As you all know I have been pupming for 8 weeks now. I topped out at 14 ounces a day and have begun to drop down each day. First it was 13.5 ounces and then yesterday 13 ounces. Is this normal? This is about the time that I would have been menstruating if I actually were, but I have not had a cycle since I started pumping. I still have not started a middle of the night pump as we have not been matched with a birthmother. I am pumping every 2.5 -3 hours during the day(about 7-8 times daily). I am still on the 20mg of domp 4x daily and the blessed thistle and fenugreek. I have not been very faithful with the oatmeal, but I guess I could try and do that. Any other suggestions?

K
K
How has your hydration been? Keeping up with drinking water? Perhaps you are a little bit dry right now.

Karie Domestic Adoption Program Girl, born Sept. 19, 2005 Girl, born Aug 8, 2001
B
OP Offline
B
I have been a lot thirstier. That is a good point! The last two days I have pumped 13 3/4 ounces each day so I think it is going back up. Thanks for the advice.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My supply always went down with my first daughter when I was menstruating...maybe without a nightime pumping, you don't quite cut out the cycling hormones? I haven't noticed a shrinking of supply when pumping this time around.

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.