photo of Lenore Goldfarb
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
OP Offline
M
Since I have two kids at home, I decided to just pump 4 times a day for now, not getting up in the middle of the night. When we have a baby in sight, I plan to move up to 6-8 times a day in order to be ready to nurse the baby.
How do you manage 8 times a day? Between grocery shopping, working out at the gym, laundry, cooking, taking my 5yo to school and picking him up, taking him to soccer practice twice a week and just breathing, I don't know how I'm going to do it! Do you use the Whisper wear pump, or something else so you can be mobile? That was the reason I stopped trying to just relactate last year after my toddler weaned - my boys typically demanded my attention most when I was pumping.

--Irma, mama to two princes, 5 and 3, and our brand new daughter, Larissa!
M
OP Offline
M
Progress report...
I'm pumping 4 times a day, and today, after the 2nd pump, I already have over 1oz! I get my best yield on the morning pump, and then it takes all three of the other pumping sessions to equal what I got in just the morning one.
I can't believe how much my supply is increasing! I'm only taking dom, haven't even started taking Fenugreek or any other herbs yet. Now I've probably jinxed myself, LOL!

Idaho
extra helpful experienced member
Idaho
How long are you pumping? Do you pump right before you go to bed too? I would suggest that since you are only doing 4 pumps per day. Overnight is a long time to go without pumping. I would pump right before bed, first thing in the morning and shoot for 3 other pumpings during the day. That is of course until you have a baby in sight then step it up to every 3 hours minimum and once in the night.

Laurie~Craig's wife~Mom to 4 blessings nurtured at the breast CJ(24)Travis(21)Beka~adopted(9)Rab(6)
M
OP Offline
M
Yes, I pump right before going to bed, and when I get up in the morning, plus twice during the day. So far today (3 pumps) I have about 1 1/2 oz. I pump 30 mins each time.

Last edited by mamapersoff; 04/23/07 11:49 PM.

Idaho
Idaho
If possible you can cut your time down to 15-20 minutes and add in another pumping session. An ounce and a half already is great!

Last edited by Lalle; 04/24/07 12:37 AM.

Laurie~Craig's wife~Mom to 4 blessings nurtured at the breast CJ(24)Travis(21)Beka~adopted(9)Rab(6)
M
OP Offline
M
I was thinking about reducing the time. I seem to get just about all I'm going to get in 15-20 mins anyway, then hand express. Today I got exactly 2oz! After just 5 days of pumping :0) I'm so excited, I show off the milksicles to dh every night when he comes home. He couldn't believe what a boost I've had in the last two days.

Idaho
Idaho
That is great!!! Your plan sounds like a good one.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.