photo of Lenore Goldfarb
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nona Offline OP
extra helpful experienced member
OP Offline
Well Ladies... I stopped the protocol and started pumping. I don't have a baby in sight yet. But I had to break the news to my mother last week she has breast cancer. The doctor found a lump. I went with her for a biopsy. They said 85% chance its NOT cancer. Well HEllo!! They called me and told me it was. It was the hardest thing I have had to do was tell her she had cancer. So with that and me being on the protocol with hormones.. it scared the ebby jebby's out of me! I have not had a mamma in 5 years! I have one scheduled for later this month.So we will see how well my supply is this time. So in the mean time.. .please pray for my mother and my family that all turns out well.

Adoptive mommy to 4 , Last 2 adopted nursed. Youngest nursed till she was 5! Raising 2 grandbabies, as infants they were raised on donor breast milk smile
M
experienced member
experienced member
M
frown I'm so sorry your mom has to deal with this. My mom just recently finished up her chemo and radiation from hers. She is doing well, hasn't had a followup mamma yet, I honestly don't know when they do that. But, I will keep you and your mother in my prayers.

Idaho
Idaho
Nona I am so sorry to hear about your Mothers diagnosis. You will be in my thougths and prayers.

Laurie~Craig's wife~Mom to 4 blessings nurtured at the breast CJ(24)Travis(21)Beka~adopted(9)Rab(6)
M
M
Since you will be pumping, have you seen the research about adult cancer patients getting human milk? They are doing the research in Europe. The antibodies and such in human milk help keep the cancer cell rate down. (They are not doing this to replace traditional treatments, but are doing this in addition to such treatments.)

There is a guy on the web who did this, with the help of the researchers. He has a very interesting site about how he did his cancer treatments. He put his donated milk in his daily smoothie!

Nona Offline OP
OP Offline
Yes I have heard of that. I have even had some contact me about milk. I am torn between then and the babies in need. But I choose to help the babies. I have someone local to donate to if needed. I have been pumping a week. 3/4 ounce a day. Only pumping 4 times a day. Much but better than before. I never got my first drop before til after the first week. And I am waiting on my herbs to come in. So its only with using domperidone. But it should start increasing more in the next week because of all the estrogen leaving my system.

Last edited by Nona; 06/09/07 04:24 AM.

Adoptive mommy to 4 , Last 2 adopted nursed. Youngest nursed till she was 5! Raising 2 grandbabies, as infants they were raised on donor breast milk smile
M
M
what herbs do you take? I am currently taking Dom along with 3caps of Blessed thistle 3x a day and 3caps of Fenugreek 3x a day. Plus I have drastically increased my protein intake. I eat a protein bar (about 20 of protein) at about 4-5am to increase my supply 12 hours later. I've been very happy with my supply since then, and noticed a drop when I didn't do the protein bars. The body uses protein to make milk, which makes sense since milk is high in protein.
Any other helpful herbs you like to take?

Last edited by mamapersoff; 06/25/07 06:06 AM.

--Irma, mama to two princes, 5 and 3, and our brand new daughter, Larissa!

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.