Print Thread
#9072 06/22/07 05:01 PM
Glendale, Az
J
Jamie Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Glendale, Az
Well, I haven't been here in a while, because everything ahs been going so well. I'm the one who adopted triplets and induced alctation via the accelerated protocol. My babies are almost 15 months old now, and I'm pretty sure we will be done nursing by the end of next week. Just as happened with my older (biological) son, they have reached a point where they are very distracted, their suck is quite soft, and seem to want to nurse only when they remember it.

It has been tougher nursing three at a time than it ever was nursing one,but I am so glad I was able to do it for so long. We supplemented very little, only when I was so exhausted and overwhelmed that I just needed two seconds without tiny people attached to me. In those times I'd let dh bottlefeed formula. We were careful to make sure no baby got more than one feeding with a bottle in a day, and most days we didn't supplement at all. I know it's a little silly, but inducing lactation and breastfeeding my beautiful sons (what I feel justified in describing as exclusively) is one of my proudest accomplishments.

Thank you, Lenore, and everyone here who helped me. If I had not found this site I could not have been so successful, and would have missed out on a truly blessed experience!

M
experienced member
experienced member
M
I remember last year when you first started!! I was inducing for a situation that ended up failing.

Congrats to you, and WOW! job well done!! smile We have another situation and I sat down wtih my pump for the first time today. smile

Have a great day!

extra helpful experienced member
Wow.. you have done a fantastic job. Your story helps other mothers who are just starting there lactation journeys. I am so happy you have done so well smile

Adoptive mommy to 4 , Last 2 adopted nursed. Youngest nursed till she was 5! Raising 2 grandbabies, as infants they were raised on donor breast milk smile
Idaho
Idaho
Yes, like Nona said it gives hope to those you are wondering if they can do it. Great work Mommy2three!!!

Laurie~Craig's wife~Mom to 4 blessings nurtured at the breast CJ(24)Travis(21)Beka~adopted(9)Rab(6)
S
shy Offline
S
HI to mommy 2 three.. did you ever use a lact-aid or an SnS? I am thinking of purchasing one, and want to get the right one.. that is easy to use,, and one I can fill with ease. we are waiting for a match with a mom.. and who knows how long that will take.. I am taking Domperidone.. and BC pills.. and I will stop the BC pill when we get a match.. and take blessed thistle, and feenugreek too. Let me know about the Lact-aid and SNS if you could.. thanks so much.. Lisa C

Idaho
Idaho
shy I am not Mommy2three but I can tell you that most moms prefer the lact-aid. The sns is filled and then hangs upside down between yourbreasts the odds of having it open and spill are pretty high. I found that once I got used to filling and cleaning the lact-aid and tubing it was really simple adn easy to use.

Laurie~Craig's wife~Mom to 4 blessings nurtured at the breast CJ(24)Travis(21)Beka~adopted(9)Rab(6)
M
experienced member
experienced member
M
Everyone here seems to recommend the lact-aid, so I'd go wtih that. I have an SNS... actually my hospital lactation consultant gave it to me free. I gave her a call to let her know that I would need her services after the birth so she would know and come to our room, and she had me pop in for a quick meeting first and gave me an SNS. So, I figure I'll try it since its free. smile If I struggle with it I am going to get a lactaid... I'm hoping that I don't have to use it much after the first few weeks, but we'll see. smile

Idaho
Idaho
Jamie You had a full supply right? I can't remember hearing that you supplemented other than the occasional bottle so you could rest.

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.