photo of Lenore Goldfarb
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
N
OP Offline
N
I was pumping when I remember after the twins were born, and got help getting them to latch on., but honestly I was jsut to tired, so I pumped like 4 times a day and got about 2 oz each time. Well then about 1.5 months ago I gave up, just thought it was to hard. But ever since I am upset I did. So I talked to my husband, I called rented a pump yesterday to- started taking the dom 4 times a day, and mothers milk liquid capsules. and also prenatal vitiman- to make sure i do not get anemic - i was with the prego severly. I started pumping yesterday, ALso i can squeeze a few drops out before starting all of the dom and mothers milk. what are my chances to maybe even get more supply than before- seeing as I am soooo dedicated to this? ANyone else regret stopping and go back? The LC said I can do it- just getting them back to the breast may be harder any suggestions?

I think it's great you decided to go back. Trying to get a baby at 6months to latch can be difficult, that's how old my little Enrique was when we got him. By the time he arrived I made sure I had a full supply and in order to get that you really need to pump every 3 hours. The Medela SNS (supplimental nursing system)Really helps if you don't have a full supply yet so the babies aren't sucking just to suck though comfort nursing is great for them as well. Since your babies were breastfed in the begining it might not be as difficult as it was for me but you never know. I also take. I managed to get a full supply within 3 weeks of massive pumping, your body knows what it has to do. I'm actually in the process of building my supply back up. I stopped everything to try some fertility drugs.. unfortunatly we still have no baby so I think the ones I do have deserve a little more of natures gold so I decided to start pumping more and taking dom again. So far so good.. Also instead of renting a pump which could be quite costly try to invest in a Limmerick Pj's Comfort Jr. pumping with this pump vs. the other's really feels more natural to breastfeeding which helps with the milk let down. Though any hospital grade (rented pump) will do a great job if you can't fork out the money for a Limmerick Pump. I got a lot of helpful advice on this site to get Enrique to latch and the support is much needed. I wish you the best of luck and I hope my babbling on helps too!

Married to Steven Mother of Adopted Blessings Tyler 8/04 and Enrique 11/06
Induced lactation since 9/06
N
OP Offline
N
So did you get him to latch on? and are you still BF? How long went you started to pump agian three weeks? I just started all day yesterday, in the beginning should I do it more than every three hours- I just bought the itsbeen timer on amazon- I just hope I can get a better supply than I did before. I am very excited to go back and start giving them the gold. I love the babling by the way!

I did eventually get him to latch because I never gave up. He still nurses in the evenings and sometimes when he's not feeling so well. He's a big boy! He likes his sippy cups now though so I'm trying to get back on the pumping schedule. It took me about three weeks of pumping every three hours to get my full supply. I am also taking dom 3 pills 3 times a day as well as fenugreek and blessed thistle 2 pills of each 3 times a day and lotsa water!! It's hard to keep up with the dicipline of pumping every 3 hours but you are rewarded in the end by watching your little ones thrive. Good luck to you hun!

N
OP Offline
N
And how old is he now. I have started about a week ago just a few drops still, but doing it every three hours somtimes 2 if I am trying to go to bed, and want to pump and then sleep for three

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.