Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Arizona
D
OP Offline
D
Arizona
I have been taking Dom with Fenugreek & Blessed Thistle since October. I pump about 6 times per day for 10 minutes. I am using a Medela Symphony pump. After I pump I can usually still hand express quite a bit from both breasts. I am only getting about 2 - 3 oz per day and am a little discouraged when I hear that some women are getting over 6 oz. What am I doing wrong? Is it me (I have PCOS)? My Meds (120 mg of Dom w/ 18 fenugreek & 18 BT per day) or my pump (I have heard you all rave about the Limerick)? BTW, I still do not smell like maple syrup.

We are not matched yet and I may have started pumping too soon but I fear having a last minute match and not having enough time to BF.

HELP~

Idaho
extra helpful experienced member
Idaho
Did you do the Birth control part of the protocol?

Laurie~Craig's wife~Mom to 4 blessings nurtured at the breast CJ(24)Travis(21)Beka~adopted(9)Rab(6)
Arizona
D
OP Offline
D
Arizona
Yes...for 6 weeks. Breasts changed and felt fuller.

B
B
I am in a similar situation as you. We are waiting for a match too. And I'm worried that I might have rushed this too. I have read everything that I can get my hands on. With all the reading I have done about this, I have realized that every person is different. People have very different experiences with this. I have been pumping for about a month. I get frustrated too. And there are days when I really get nervous that I won't get to the point where I have a full supply and I'll have to supplement with formula.

I can hand express milk too after I finish pumping. How long have you been pumping for?

Idaho
Idaho
Danielle I would pump for about 7-8 minutes stop and massage/jiggle then pump for another 7-8 minutes you can pump up to 20 minutes just don't do it all at once. Take a break to massage/jiggle and see if that helps you have another let down and get more milk out.

Laurie~Craig's wife~Mom to 4 blessings nurtured at the breast CJ(24)Travis(21)Beka~adopted(9)Rab(6)
Arizona
D
OP Offline
D
Arizona
Thanks everyone. I knew I would get suggestions here and probably still will.

BellaLuna - I have been pumping since Oct 25th.
Lalle - for whatever reason I forgot about the stopping/jiggling and restarting. I'll give that a try.

Thanks again~

California
M
M
California
I went on the protocol 6 months before my baby was due, then i pumped 20 mins every 2.5 3 hours day once at night and went up to twice at night the last two weeks. My baby is now 3 months old, My supply is increasing slowly but i only get 12-14 oz a day. SO every-one is different. I HAVE to supplement. I do fenugreek blessed thistle and oatmeal everyday. Supplementing is not so bad, you can make your own formula with fresh ingredients, I use raw colostrum, raw cream, raw milk, goat milk, nutritional yeast, life start, cod liver oil, sunflower oil, I make my own whey, olive oil, coconut oil, and lactose. She gets my milk as well and she has been exposed to lots of sick people including me with a stomach bug and she did not get sick.
Every-one is different, I am sad that I can not give her just moma's milk. But, there is more to it than full supply.
Marica.

I am my husbands wife
My dogs mommy
Expecting our bundle of Joy October 2008
California
M
M
California
Let me be specific, in a 24 hour period I pump 20-24 oz but my DD takes more, so i supplement.
Marica.

I am my husbands wife
My dogs mommy
Expecting our bundle of Joy October 2008

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.