photo of Lenore Goldfarb
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Sault Ste Marie, Mi
OP Offline
Sault Ste Marie, Mi
I have done this protocol before, but it got messed up a year ago, and I gave up do to situations in life, and the lack of support and ignorance from my family. My son is becoming ill again, and I have made the decision that this is something that has to happen, as it is what helped him before. We are assuming severe food allergies, and milk allergies. I willing to say the hell with society and do what it takes and give my son breast milk for however long I need to. Here is my dillema, my doctor put me on an all progesterone pill bc I was breast feeding my son to begin with and that it wasn't supposed to effect my milk supply. I am only 28, but due to medical reasons I am taking provera 2.5, in house was out, so I ordered 5 ml, and I am sure it won't hurt me. The reason for this is due to endometriosis. I surprisingly am not dried up, and I was able to pump 6 drops of milk, should I go ahead and continue to pump? Or should I wait for my provera to get in the mail, I already have domp? Or can I pump during the protocol since it is an all progesterone pill? Any help would be appreciated, as I want to do this right this time around, and I am willing to do whatever it takes, even if I have to do the regular protocol, but I don't think I can watch my baby suffer that long. The last time I did this protocol I did the Yasmin, is there a difference between an all progesterone pill and yasmin? Does one work better than the other?

Last edited by all4myson09; 03/11/12 03:54 AM.

Somtimes the best gift God can give is patience
Illinois
J
extra helpful experienced member
J
Illinois
I think your questions are too specific for us to answer. You should e-mail Lenore or Dr. Newman and give them the details.
Jennifer

Sault Ste Marie, Mi
OP Offline
Sault Ste Marie, Mi
I emailed Lenore, and she was very promt with getting back to me. Thank you! Can't wait to get my meds in the mail and start this protocol again. Most definately won't make the same mistake I did the last time again.

Sault Ste Marie, Mi
OP Offline
Sault Ste Marie, Mi
I got my medicine in the mail yesterday, and started the provera, and domp. Woke up this morning and feel like I have been on an all night benge frown. On another note though my breast are already feeling tender and soar smile

S
S
Hope the induction is working for you. I have been BF for 18 months. The Domperidone really helps. However, I supplemented with donated breastmilk from the website Milkshare. It was truly a lifesaver as my baby did not do well on formula.

Sault Ste Marie, Mi
OP Offline
Sault Ste Marie, Mi
I noticed no breast changes at all, I wonder if I should switch to the Yasmin, bc that is what worked for me before. I also noticed that the provera is making me crazy. Then again I havn't good about the domperidone and taking it.

Sault Ste Marie, Mi
OP Offline
Sault Ste Marie, Mi
How long did it take for anyone to get some results from the provera?

Illinois
J
J
Illinois
I took the Yasmin.
Jennifer

Sault Ste Marie, Mi
OP Offline
Sault Ste Marie, Mi
Updates: I am getting really aggravated and irritated, I have been on this protocol for a month. The provera is making so crabby I can't stand it anymore. My son needs this he is getting worse, so in desperation I started taking 10mg of the provera. I am getting sprays of breast milk once a day. I woke up this morning and my breast feel soar and tender for once. I don't want to settle for less, he has to have a substantial amount of milk for his calcium needs and so forth, bc we are replacing with any kind of milk. He will no longer recieve any other kind of milk. Should I stay on this protocol for another month? I did order the Yasmin to see if switching would help!

Sault Ste Marie, Mi
OP Offline
Sault Ste Marie, Mi
So I have been on the protocol for a month now, I have about 2 weeks left of medication for this, still waiting on the Yasmin. Should I just continue on the meds or stop and start pumping. We are also finding out that little Ervin has a food allergy to gluten. He has had his first regular stool yesterday, no diahrea! I am squeezing drops, it is killing me to have to wait any longer when I know it will benefit him. I am going to have to rent a hospital grade pump now, I do have a playtex hospital grade, but I don't know how well it will do.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.