Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#14738 06/22/12 03:19 PM
Sault Ste Marie, Mi
OP Offline
Sault Ste Marie, Mi
I wanted to update everyone on my progress and a few questions. I started pumping, taking the herbs, and eating oatmeal for the last 8 days. I am only getting about a tablespoon of breast milk, and my son is curious than ever. We are so anxious to get him feeling better, and get a head on his poor little tummy problems. I did the protocol for almost 3 months. I am just curious from anyone who did the accelerated protocol of how long it took you to get your milk in, or if I should go back on the protocol for another month? Thanks Ladies for all your support with this, and I am sure that my son will appreciate it in the end!

Somtimes the best gift God can give is patience
Denver, CO
P
P
Denver, CO
I did the regular protocol, so it's a little different, but I only got 1 oz a day after 2 weeks. (pumping 8 times a day) Then a few weeks later I got two oz a day. It's been not quite 3 months and I'm only getting 4 oz a day. I increased the dom to 30 mg 4x a day and that's when I started getting a little more. The fenugreek & blessed thistle didn't do anything for me.

Poor little guy, I hope he gets well soon! Good luck & keep at it!

Pammy #14741 06/25/12 10:02 PM
Illinois
J
extra helpful experienced member
extra helpful experienced member
J
Illinois
I increased a little quicker, I was up to about 4-5 oz a day after a week of pumping. Are you getting a tablespoon each time you pump? I would say that is a pretty good start. I don't think I would go back on the protocol. I would just keep pumping, maybe up your dosage. Can you start trying to latch him. He will be much more efficient than a pump.

Jennifer

Sault Ste Marie, Mi
OP Offline
Sault Ste Marie, Mi
Is this a sick joke, I have literally spent 3,000 on this protocol with pumps, medication, and supplements? I am only getting 15 ML total for the day, I am pumping every hour. He will be going on three in a couple of months. Is there something eelse I can take to help?

C
experienced member
experienced member
C
I wish I had the magic answer for you, but I don't. Here are some suggestions. Relax. I know that it is difficult to do, but if you are uptight when you are pumping, you will see it in your output. I would take a hot shower, massage my breasts, and then pump and see a big difference. Obviously you can't do that every hour, but I would try that to see if you see any increase in the output. Are you massaging your breasts during the pumping session? I would use my hands to compress my breasts into the flange when I was pumping and I would get sprays that way. How much dom are you taking?

TX
J
J
TX
I have heard to wait at least 2 hours between pumping. I'm not an expert by any stretch but maybe try to cut down on number of times you pump to 8-12 a day.

Jennifer

Mom to baby boy born April 8th and placed April 19th. Finally got the nursing going, even without a supplementer at times!
Sault Ste Marie, Mi
OP Offline
Sault Ste Marie, Mi
Here is the scoop Ervin is proof that breastfeeding is best, he has more color to his face, appetite is better, and is gaining some weight. I was up to an ounce a day, but had the return of mother nature which was God forsaken ugly, and today is almost my last day I am now down to only a teaspoon every pump session. I did notice that my pump is crap, because when I am done I hand express more than the pump gives out. It is supposively a hospital 125.00 playtex pump. Was curious how long it took for milk to go back up after menstrel cycle? I am going to try the goats rue, and I am wonder if being flat chested is not making my situation any better. Thanks for the advise above ladies. I am trying my best to be patient and wondering if I should hit a milk bank until I get my milk up

TX
J
J
TX
I get most of my milk out thru hand expression and I'm renting a great pump. Frustrating isn't it? Glad your son is doing slightly better. Hope your supply.keeps increasing.

Jennifer

Mom to baby boy born April 8th and placed April 19th. Finally got the nursing going, even without a supplementer at times!
Sault Ste Marie, Mi
OP Offline
Sault Ste Marie, Mi
I am still not increasing, and I found I do not have enough mammary tissue. I ordered goats rue powder insteade of capsules. I don't know if I should go back on protocol or if I would get better results taking goats rue? I know I sound like a pain, but it is so frusterating. Has anyone taken goats rue or how well it works?

Sault Ste Marie, Mi
OP Offline
Sault Ste Marie, Mi
I started increasing my pumping time to 40 minutes, and I am now get 40mls a day. I am still waiting for my goats rue. Ervin is still going strong. Thanks ladies for all your help!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.