photo of Lenore Goldfarb
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2755 12/10/03 06:58 AM
OP Offline
Hi All,

I hope everyone is well and happy. Ben and I are doing great! He just loves to nurse...to feed or to just hang out on the breast.....who knew you could love soemone so much?

I am wondering about how much milk I am making now. I feed Ben three and a half to four oz in the lact aid five time a day. He nurses without it anywhere from two to four times a day. his weight gain is great according to the doctor, but I am worried about how much he is getting. I still see some mustard colored breast milk bits in his poo....so I know he is getting some. But he is only on the right now....the left was giving me fits and we abadoned it. He doesn't seem hungry, but I am wondering about the 2 1/2 oz to every pound. So....any thoughts?

Also, I have been thinking about weaning on the dom. I have side effects of fatigue, weight gain and sexual side effects. But I don't want to lose my milk.

A rambling email I know, but any thoughts are appreciated.

Eden

MamaEden #2756 12/10/03 07:52 AM
Idaho
experienced member
experienced member
Idaho
Eden, I am glad you are doing so well, and I love your picture! I am thinking the side effects you mention(tiredness, loss of sex drive) sound a lot like new motherhood to me. Are you sure they are related to the dom? I personally would not quit the dom, esp with your baby being so young still. That is so great he loves to nurse so much. Good for you both!!!!!
Take care!!

Mary in Idaho, mom to 7, including 2 from Korea, and Emily Zion (1�) coming home from Ethiopia in February!

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.