Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#298 11/10/02 04:03 AM
T
Tandra Offline OP
OP Offline
T
My LC suggested a homeopathic remedy called "Rescue Remedy" to help in achieving let-down. It's a liquid that's used for stress relief -- you place 4 drops on your tongue and it's supposed to relax you -- which should help in getting let-down.

The person at the health food store had never heard of this being used for anything concerning breastfeeding. Has anyone heard of this or had personal experience with this? If so, has it really worked for anyone. How soon prior to nursing or pumping should this be used.

Also, under the warning section on the bottle, it clearly states that if "pregnant or breastfeeding, consult your health care professional before using." Does anyone know if it's totally safe to use while breastfeeding?

Thanks!

Tandra #299 11/10/02 08:39 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have never heard of rescue remedy, but I also would be interested to know if it helps with letdown. I noticed esp. when I was pumping at work (very high stress environment,,,critical care unit)...either it took forever to feel what I think was a let down, a sharp tingling pain , then some drops of milk,,,,or I never let down at work d/t stress? I also was afraid someone would walk into the room I was in at any time, so it was hard to relax. Let us know if you find out anything, or if this works for you! thanks alot, Cathy

Tandra #300 11/12/02 07:47 AM
Canada
L
extra helpful experienced member
extra helpful experienced member
L
Canada
Hi Tandra,

I've heard of it but have no experience with it. You may want to do a search on www.google.com and see what pops up.

Fondly,

Lenore Goldfarb, Ph.D.,CCC,IBCLC
Wife to Rob, Mom to Adam aged 13, and Ethan aged 9, both born via GS and breastfed via Regular Newman-Goldfarb Protocol.
Lenore #301 11/13/02 02:49 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lenore and Tandra,
I checked Google and it does say it is used for pregnant and nursing moms, as well as colicky infants to help relax. It is made from 5 flowers. I think I may try it when it comes time to pump. Thanks, Cathy

#302 11/14/02 09:54 PM
T
Tandra Offline OP
OP Offline
T
I read the same information about it on-line, so I decided to try it. I've been using it for a couple of days now and I really do think it has helped to relax me and and helped me get a letdown while pumping. I'd recommend it to other moms having a problem getting letdown. Hope it works for you, Cathy!

Tandra #303 11/15/02 01:35 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks Tandra,
When I get to the point of pumping and nursing, I will give it a try,,,glad its working for you!
Cathy

Tandra #304 11/21/02 07:23 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hello,
I bought the Rescue Remedy from a local whole foods market. It is quite pricey, ten dollars for .35 ounces. I put 4 drops on my tongue and seemed to feel sleepy right away, so I guess if you call that a calming effect it does that. It is also 27% alcohol,,,so that may be why it is so calming! I will let everyone know when I get to the point of pumping if I feel it is helping with letdowns etc....
take care,
Cathy

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.