photo of Lenore Goldfarb
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Y
yasta Offline OP
OP Offline
Y
I am about to pump in three weeks and I want to order them now ?

I live in Japan, so I have to order them for pill dosage.

Thanks

Yasta

Canada
L
extra helpful experienced member
extra helpful experienced member
L
Canada
Hi Yasta,

I would look around the health food stores there in Japan. You can probably find what you're looking for there. You need fenugreek seed (600-700mg per capsule) and blessed thistle herb (300-400 mg per capsule)

Fondly,

Lenore Goldfarb, Ph.D.,CCC,IBCLC
Wife to Rob, Mom to Adam aged 13, and Ethan aged 9, both born via GS and breastfed via Regular Newman-Goldfarb Protocol.
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Hi Yasta,

An alternative source for the fenugreek would be Indian grocery stores if there is an Indian community where you are. Fenugreek is called methi in Hindi and you'd be looking for the seeds rather than the leaves. They are widely used in Indian cooking - in a pinch you could ask at a local Indian restaurant where they get it from.

The blessed thistle could be a problem though - the Latin name is cnicus benedictus, with that any cornershop pharmacy in Germany could order it for me, but I frankly have no idea whether they work with this nomenclature in Japan at all.

So perhaps it makes more sense for you to order the whole thing from the US really - I suppose with you being military customs etc won't be a problem.

Good luck,
Chris

mom to Emma, born June 15th, 2004
Y
Y
Thats Right, I use the Methi as well:

Hereis the best thing to do once you get the seeds: Take about 1/4th cup seeds and soak them in 1/2 cup of water for 8 hours. Drain the water and cover. These seeds should sprout in about 12 - 24 hours. Eat about 1 - 2 tablespoons twice a day right before a meal.

If your perspiration smells like maple syrup, then you are getting enough.

Alternatively, steep 1 tbsp seeds in water fo 15 minutes and drink the tea. I believe the sprouted methi is more effective, and much cheaper!

Sao Paulo, Brazil
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Hey Yohopi,

Thanks for the tip on sprouting the methi seeds. So far I have simply been swallowing a teaspoon with water three times a day. I definitely am getting that smell though!!!

Love,
Christiane

mom to Emma, born June 15th, 2004
California
C
experienced member
experienced member
C
California
Great ideas! Occasionally, I take a small scoop or about two tablespoons of the seeds and run it through my coffee pot and drink the tea hot, then refrigerate what I don't drink. Then I'll munch on the softened seeds ... I definitely smell like maple syrup! Although, I take the capsules as my primary source. Sometimes, I what my son's reaction to maple syrup will be when he grows up?!

Aloha,
Christina

Christina ~ Wife of Henry, Jr. and mother of Henry III, born with the help of our Angel/GS

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.