photo of Lenore Goldfarb
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
Shannon Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Hi everyone. Our baby is due on July 5th (orig June 23) and I started taking the DOM on June 14th. I have been on Yasmin continuously for about 6 weeks. I already am producing droplets of milk. I have arranged to rent a Lactina and have ordered the sterile kit that should be in this week. Should I go ahead and stop the Yasmin even though I have not been on the DOM with it for 4 weeks? Also, I am wearing a slightly bigger bra. I was busting out of my regular ones. I am washing my nursing bras as we I write this!

Any advice will be much appreciated!
Shannon

Idaho
extra helpful experienced member
Idaho
I would wait until you have been on the combination of the two for 4 weeks before you go off the yasmin and start pumping. If you daughter gets here before that just nurse with the lactaid and continue the protocol until your 4 weeks is up.

Laurie~Craig's wife~Mom to 4 blessings nurtured at the breast CJ(24)Travis(21)Beka~adopted(9)Rab(6)
S
Shannon Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Thanks for the input. Is it normal to already have milk? Can I start pumping now even though I am still on the Yasmin? I get that "let down" feeling already, especially in the shower. I'd love to get some milk flow before he is born. I do have the SNS, so I am prepared, but would love to get started. Very anxious, as I am sure you can relate. Thanks in advance.

Illinois
J
J
Illinois
You should not start pumping until you are off the Yasmin. You can start breastfeeding while on the Yasmin when the baby is here but should not pump until you stop it. You could take a chance and stop the Yasmin now and start pumping. But in the long term you may not be able to achieve a full supply (but who knows, you may). You have to weigh the benefits. Good luck.
Jennifer

Idaho
Idaho
Jennifer is right, you need to leave your breast completely alone. I say be patient and stay the course. You will be better off in the long run to wait and stay on the protocol for the full 4 weeks. This is based on what we have seen with the women who do the protocol. The longer you are on it the better. Your milk will come quicker once baby is at breast than if you pump. Besides he is due on the 5th but unless it is by C-section he could come later right? I would at least wait until baby is in your arms to stop the Yasmin.

btw I don't know why I said daughter in my first post. smile It looks like you said he so Please forgive my assumption it is a girl.

Laurie~Craig's wife~Mom to 4 blessings nurtured at the breast CJ(24)Travis(21)Beka~adopted(9)Rab(6)
S
Shannon Offline OP
OP Offline
S
No worries about the he/she. Sonogram said he, but in my experience, it's never 100% accurate. I will take the advice and go the course. I do have the SNS to help out when he arrives and I know he'll do fine. I guess I just got excited with so much milk so early on. Thanks for all of your input! I am hoping he comes earlier than the 5th (his original due date was June 23, but they changed it) It's been a long wait already and each day is harder. My stepdaughter leaves to go home to NC on the 6th and she's really hoping that she gets to see him! I will keep you posted on all the happenings...

thanks
Shannon

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.