photo of Lenore Goldfarb
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
So. Cal.
OP Offline
So. Cal.
You all spoke so highly about the Lact-Aid that I searched around and found the one that I gave up on with my son two years ago. Tried it and I love it!

The one drawback for me is that I use donated beastmilk and the fat tends to clog it up. At least that's what the woman on the 800 number told me is happening. Skimming off the fat and spoon feeding it to the baby (the 800 # woman's suggestion) is much more trouble than it seems.

Any suggestions?

Mama to 4 sons & 1 daughter: Carlos/Rafael/Loran b/d. 3-9-05; & earth angels Xavier b. 12-3-06 & Ivy b. 7-29-08
Preg. Loss & Child Death Support.
Cochabamba, Bolivia
L
experienced member
experienced member
L
Cochabamba, Bolivia
Hi,

I use lact aid as well. The gal who sold it to me suggested that I pour the milk through a damp paper towel. This seems to make it flow normal through the tubes.

As to the fat, don't know what else to suggest. It makes a difference if it's warmer, but that might make it TOO warm for your baby

So. Cal.
OP Offline
So. Cal.
Linda, do you lose a lot of fat when you strain the milk through a paper towel. Ivy really needs the fat.

Mama to 4 sons & 1 daughter: Carlos/Rafael/Loran b/d. 3-9-05; & earth angels Xavier b. 12-3-06 & Ivy b. 7-29-08
Preg. Loss & Child Death Support.
extra helpful experienced member
Ladies this is my suggestion. The little hole in the lactaid does get gummy. I mean the hole in the white part. I got a beading needle. The smallest in diamitar. It works great.. just run it through there. It will take out any build up that gets in that little metal casing that is in there. Also.. make sure your breast milk is mixed well and WARM. But I can almost positively say that I bet white part has build up in it.

Adoptive mommy to 4 , Last 2 adopted nursed. Youngest nursed till she was 5! Raising 2 grandbabies, as infants they were raised on donor breast milk smile
Idaho
Idaho
I also would use a little syringe to push soapy water through my tubing when I cleaned mine. It helped a lot with any build up.

Laurie~Craig's wife~Mom to 4 blessings nurtured at the breast CJ(24)Travis(21)Beka~adopted(9)Rab(6)

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.