photo of Lenore Goldfarb
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
H
helenb Offline OP
OP Offline
H
I'm wondering what physical effects people experience from being on the continuous BCP in addition to breast fullness and tenderness....

After 6 weeks, my uterus feels uncomfortably bloated and I need to pee frequently. I'm wondering if this is normal.

Since my doctor is unfamiliar with this protocol (and only wrote the prescriptions as a favor to me), I don't feel like they can provide much advice. It's all very unsettling. I'm wondering what you all on the 'regular protocol' are going through for months and months!

I have been on the accelerate protocol (Yasmin & dom) for about 6 weeks. As soon as I locate a breast pump, I will stop the continuous BCP and start herbs and pumping. However, I am concerned about the side effects of all of these drugs on my health. I really wish there was more information available. Any tips on your experiences would help.

Idaho
extra helpful experienced member
Idaho
I was only on the bcp for 6 weeks as I did the accelerated protocol. But I will tell you having been pregnant prior to that the BCP made me feel just like I was pregnant. Like what you are experiencing.
I don't have experience with months and months of BCP but I am sure someone here will chime in.

By the way I think someone in the Buy Sell Trade forum has a Medela PIS for sale.

Laurie~Craig's wife~Mom to 4 blessings nurtured at the breast CJ(24)Travis(21)Beka~adopted(9)Rab(6)
Illinois
J
J
Illinois
I was on the BCP's for 8 months. I did not notice to many problems other than a slight weight gain while on the BCP's and dom. I had some spotting about half way through (at 4 or 5 months). I did feel somewhat bloated but it wasn't that bothersome to me.
Jennifer

So. Cal.
So. Cal.
I was on continuous BCP for 10 mo. I felt crampy and bloated the whole time.

Mama to 4 sons & 1 daughter: Carlos/Rafael/Loran b/d. 3-9-05; & earth angels Xavier b. 12-3-06 & Ivy b. 7-29-08
Preg. Loss & Child Death Support.
I have been on it for 7 months so far.. No weight gain or anything.. only slight worsening of melasma.. brown spots on my face. Which is not uncommon with hormones

Adoptive mommy to 4 , Last 2 adopted nursed. Youngest nursed till she was 5! Raising 2 grandbabies, as infants they were raised on donor breast milk smile
California
M
M
California
On BCP for 5 months with dom, and have brown spots on face, swelled bloated feeling, weight gain (5 lbs) not sure if its the pill or my excuse to eat more food since i love food!
Marica.

I am my husbands wife
My dogs mommy
Expecting our bundle of Joy October 2008
oh I cry at everything.. I mean everything! The hormones make me very emotional.

Adoptive mommy to 4 , Last 2 adopted nursed. Youngest nursed till she was 5! Raising 2 grandbabies, as infants they were raised on donor breast milk smile
A
A
I was on the continuous BCP for about 6 months and had no side effects or symptoms like this.

I did gain wait on the protocol in the long run (1.5 years and about 10-15 lbs) but I am apt to blame it on the dom...

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.