photo of Lenore Goldfarb
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Lafayette, Colorado
OP Offline
Lafayette, Colorado
Hello all! For those of you ladies that have bought a breast pump on ebay, I'm looking for a little advice. I'm looking specifically for a Limerick PJ's Comfort Pump or something like an Ameda Elite on ebay. I have recently seen 2 auctions for PJ's Comfort pumps -- both were claiming to be brand new pumps, have no reserve on the auctions, and listed only a stock photo from Limerick's site. Now, that just smells fishy to me, so I emailed the sellers and asked nicely if they could email me photos of the real pump being sold... and it seems like one of the sellers got angry at me for asking, and neither of them wrote back or sent photos. Not to mention one of the sellers only has 1 feedback rating. There are only a couple of Ameda Elite pumps on ebay right now, both for sale from a reputable seller with over 1000 feedback ratings and a positive score.

Any advice on how to avoid getting ripped off on ebay with such a big purchase? Perhaps I'm being a little too cautious, but I don't think so.

Oh well, it's Friday! Everyone have a great weekend!

Illinois
J
extra helpful experienced member
J
Illinois
There is someone selling a PJ Limerick pump on the yahoo adoptive breastfeeding site. It is used, but the limerick is rated multiple user. You can order a kit from limerick with the horns and tubing and filter to make it totally sterile.
Jennifer

Lafayette, Colorado
OP Offline
Lafayette, Colorado
Thanks for the info! I'll definitely check it out. smile I don't mind buying a Limerick used, not at all. I am just really wary about ebay.

M
M
I bought a Medela PIS from ebay last year, paid about $200 for it. It was brand new and from a ebayer who had over 1000 pos feedback. Had no problems with the ebayer or the pump.

Idaho
Idaho
I wouldn't buy from someone who gets angry at you asking for photos or someone who has little feedback. I think the one with the 1000+ feedback would be safe.

Laurie~Craig's wife~Mom to 4 blessings nurtured at the breast CJ(24)Travis(21)Beka~adopted(9)Rab(6)
N
N
Hi,

I love eBay and do a lot of selling and some buying. If you are going to spend a hundred or more buying something on ebay, pay through PayPal. They will side with you if there is a problem. Obviously, you work with the seller FIRST if there is a problem, but PayPal can be your backup.

I recently bought a hospital grade pump on ebay. When it arrived, I tested it out and compared it to the one I am renting. It sounded HORRIBLE, like it was straining and weak. I contacted the seller who was gracious. She "thinks" it got damaged in shipping (buy insurance on large purchases) and gave me a refund. These things do happen, but most sellers will stand behind their product.

For the "stock" photo auctions you mentioned: these sellers are probably drop shipping. They don't have the item in their home so they can't take more pictures. I like to look for things people physically own vs drop shipped items.

Best wishes buying your pump!
Nancy

California
M
M
California
I have the limerick PJ's comfort pump and I love it. It has soft horns that move the whole boob like massage when pumping. I've not tried other pumps but i think this one milks you better than any other pump out there, that's what i read anyways...You can also massage your boobs while pumping because the horns are soft, this saves time and you get more out of your sessions,

Marica.

I am my husbands wife
My dogs mommy
Expecting our bundle of Joy October 2008
S
experienced member
experienced member
S
I bought a medela lactina select off ebay for $400. The seller had used it as a floor model and it had never been used. In addition to their good rating, I got the serial number and contacted medela. It still had 33 months of warranty on it. I have been very satisfied.

Lafayette, Colorado
OP Offline
Lafayette, Colorado
Awesome! Thanks to everyone for the replies. I will definitely do my research on the seller, and I do use Paypal. smile Sounds like everyone has gotten great deals on some good pumps! Thanks Marica for the input on the PJ's Comfort Pump. It sounds completely awesome. Do you find that you get better/more frequent let downs with it? I think it will be worth the investment.

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.