Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Colorado
V
OP Offline
V
Colorado
We are expecting in late January and recently I've considered relactating for my 11 month old while I'm pregnant - maybe this will also help build up a good supply for when my newborn gets here in January? It's been 10 months since my daughter was breastfed last.

Last edited by Vicki's3rd; 10/14/08 07:03 PM.
Idaho
extra helpful experienced member
Idaho
Inducing while pregnant is not suggested. There are too many contraindications for the herbs etc... If you were already nursing her there would be nothing wrong with continuing to do so but not to re-lactate or induce during pregnancy.

Laurie~Craig's wife~Mom to 4 blessings nurtured at the breast CJ(24)Travis(21)Beka~adopted(9)Rab(6)
Colorado
V
OP Offline
V
Colorado
frown I'm very sad to hear that. But, Thank you for your reply.

You could also bring on uterine contractions. I would not risk it while pregnant.

Adoptive mommy to 4 , Last 2 adopted nursed. Youngest nursed till she was 5! Raising 2 grandbabies, as infants they were raised on donor breast milk smile
S
experienced member
experienced member
S
Women can nurse throughout pregnancy. Rarely are there problems with premature labor. However, around month 4 or 5 their milk dries up as their body prepares to nurse the new baby. I doubt if your body would allow induced lactation.

Yes women do nurse while pregnant. But to BRING ON lactation.. is that worth the risk that you COULD bring on premature labor. This is not the same thing as nursing all along. The body is used to that when you get pregnant and continue to nurse. But forcing lactation.. upon your already pregnant body. I don't think that would be wise.

Adoptive mommy to 4 , Last 2 adopted nursed. Youngest nursed till she was 5! Raising 2 grandbabies, as infants they were raised on donor breast milk smile
Idaho
Idaho
I agree forcing lactation during pregnancy is not a good idea.

I did nurse through a pregnancy once and DD stopped on her own at about 5 months along, but started up again after baby was born.

Laurie~Craig's wife~Mom to 4 blessings nurtured at the breast CJ(24)Travis(21)Beka~adopted(9)Rab(6)

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.