photo of Lenore Goldfarb
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Toronto, Ontario
Toronto, Ontario
I am interested in this video (which I have seen before). They show the doctor poking in the tubing from a lactation aid but my issue is that that tubing is far stiffer than the Lact Aid tubing. Has anyone had success in being able to accomplish this with Lact Aid tubing?
Also www.lowmilksupply.org has some interesting stuff on supplementing wherein they suggest offering a small supplement first and having baby finish at the breast to prevent them finishing early when the flow lessens and start looking around for the supplement.
I think supplementing (often very neccessary in this case) is tricky and there are many schools of thought on the process. Nipple confusion is one issue but flow preference is often a greater one.

Mom of bio kids Joel 22, Elliot 19, Marya 13 and Talitha 5 (adopted from Haiti at age 10 months) Hoping for a match with an infant under a year from Children's Services starting in early 2009.
Idaho
extra helpful experienced member
Idaho
I think it is 5m French tubing which should be similar to the lact-aid tubing. It is used to make your own lactation device. You just must hold the lact-aid tube up close get it in the mouth and then thread it in.

Laurie~Craig's wife~Mom to 4 blessings nurtured at the breast CJ(24)Travis(21)Beka~adopted(9)Rab(6)
I never could do it with the lact-aid. The lact-aid is to soft and just curled up under her lip. Where would some one get the french tube that needed it???

Adoptive mommy to 4 , Last 2 adopted nursed. Youngest nursed till she was 5! Raising 2 grandbabies, as infants they were raised on donor breast milk smile
Idaho
Idaho
Nona you are supposed to be able to get it at Medical Supply stores. Ours here is called Norco.

Laurie~Craig's wife~Mom to 4 blessings nurtured at the breast CJ(24)Travis(21)Beka~adopted(9)Rab(6)
hmm never heard that one before

Adoptive mommy to 4 , Last 2 adopted nursed. Youngest nursed till she was 5! Raising 2 grandbabies, as infants they were raised on donor breast milk smile
California
M
M
California
HI Ladies,
My baby arrived as well and is feeding like a champ, although i am supplementing stored BM with bottle ( dr.Browns slow flow) she likes both breast and bottle. she eats 6 oz a day more than I can produce. she was born 7lbs 7 oz, AND in 3 weeks has gained 1.1 so she now weighs 8.6. I breast feed on demand, i use the lactaid tube successfully too. I let her latch on, then i slip it in the side. i lift her cheek and slip it in up toward the roof of her mouth, a bit at a time until i see the milk being sucked. For the lact-aid I use a bottle without the nipple, and position it between my breasts; tucked in between what ever top I'm wearing, usually a breast feeding bra or top.
In the three weeks that I've been BF my baby, my supply has increased, but the baby grew and her demand has increased too, so I'm still not producing enough. i pump when ever i can after feedings and try and feed as much as possible on the boob.
I'm hoping to "catch up" with her needs, but if i don't I'm ok with it too, since she is getting lot of milk from me and that's enough for immunity protection.
Gosh it would be nice to be able to exclusively BF her.....
But, I'm gratedful for what i have and it seems to be increasing.

Marica.

I am my husbands wife
My dogs mommy
Expecting our bundle of Joy October 2008
Idaho
Idaho
Marica it sounds like you are doing great. I used the lact-aid in a bottle too but flipped a nipple upside down and fed the tube through then tightened the ring down. That way I didn't have to worry about spills.

sounds like your doing great. Yup... I still use the bottle adapter with olivia

California
M
M
California
thanks Laurie, im going to try the upside down nipple trick,
Marica

I am my husbands wife
My dogs mommy
Expecting our bundle of Joy October 2008
Idaho
Idaho
you are welcome. You may need to make a small slit in it if it is too tight.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.