Next Thread
Print Thread
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hi....i have just suffered my 5th miscarriage at 7 1/2 weeks. UGH! we thought we figured out what was wrong with the first four and had it corrected. i had a uterine septum removed, am on progesterone and baby aspirin. it seems this may be unrelated (started as twins - lost one, saw a heart beat in one, then the following week - NO heartbeat). Has anyone had a similar problem with losing in this time frame? if so, did you find something to be helpful? i am beyond frustrated at this point...
thanks for any insight you may have.
Heather

Canada
L
extra helpful experienced member
extra helpful experienced member
L
Canada
Dear Heather,

How awful for you!!! FIVE!!!! I am sooo sorry to hear this. As a mother who lost 8 pregnancies to recurrent miscarriage I know how devasted you must feel.

Have you been tested for antiphospholipid antibodies? Anti-cardiolipin antibodies? Although HLA compatiblility (DNA) is a possibility, this is the first step towards finding out the cause of your recurrent miscarriages.

You can read a paper by Bick et al here: http://www.asklenore.info/miscarriage/bick/bickintro.html
It explains the causes, evaluations and treatments for recurrent miscarriage. Dr. Bick reports 100% success in treating antiphospholipid syndrome with baby aspirin and heparin. Often this, together with progesterone support is all you need to do.

Have a look at the research paper and then ask your doctor to do a recurrent miscarriage panel. If your doctor is not willing to assist you, I can put you in touch with Dr. Bick himself.

Fondly,

Lenore Goldfarb, Ph.D.,CCC,IBCLC
Wife to Rob, Mom to Adam aged 13, and Ethan aged 9, both born via GS and breastfed via Regular Newman-Goldfarb Protocol.

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.