photo of Lenore Goldfarb
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1286 05/07/03 09:55 PM
OP Offline
Hi All,

I love this site and am fascinated to read your stories. My husband, Bruce and I are adopting domestically ( I am infertile with no eggs) and we are matched and awaiting our arrival in August....hopefully....it has been stressful to say the least..

I would like to know approximately what the costs of surrogacy are range wise. I saw a post from Lenore that said around the same as Cathy's Gautemalan adoption, but when I looked at the site it looks like upwards of 35,000.

I woudl be so grateful for anyinfo. you might provide.

Thanks so very much and a pleasure to make all of your acquaintance.

Eden

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Eden,
From what I have seen, most surrogacy agencies are in
California, d/t their great laws. The lowest fee we have seen has been around 30 grand, but most are around 60 grand, esp if you need a donor egg, you would have to pay for the IVF tx for the donor etc,,
I do not believe the agency Lenore is using does traditional surrogacy, only gestational. Some people use private surrogates, or a family member to carry. My older sister said she would, but I worry cuz she is so overweight with high bp etc..my younger sister said absolutely NOT.
Go to the internet and type in surrogacy, and you will see many agencies and message boards etc...it would end up being about the same cost as an international adoption. Now they are saying GU is taking applications still, but expect up to one year to process the documents, since part of their government that does adoptions is shutting down to reconfigure things. I think if we have to keep traveling back and forth to Guatemala, that our adoption will be close to 40 grand. It's only money. We have been saving for ten years and still don't know which way to go. Good luck Eden, Cathy

#1288 05/08/03 03:47 AM
extra helpful experienced member
extra helpful experienced member
a surrogacy can run you anywhere from 5,000 to 30,000. You really have to shop around to find a surrogate with a low fee to get the bottom number

Adoptive mommy to 4 , Last 2 adopted nursed. Youngest nursed till she was 5! Raising 2 grandbabies, as infants they were raised on donor breast milk smile

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.