photo of Lenore Goldfarb
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
BC, Canada
BC, Canada
Jenny, I may have asked this before but how old is Helena? How long have you been matched with her?

mama to 3 beautiful adopted kiddos-Alexa (8), Angie(5), Jaxon (5) and hoping to bf our 4th little one...due March 2010!
NE Italy, Aviano Air Base
Rapids Offline OP
experienced member
OP Offline
experienced member
Helina will be 10 months old in a couple of days. We were matched with her the day after she arrived at the orphanage at a month old. She wasn't paper ready for the adoption yet, and then her case got stuck in a court closure over the summer, so we have suffered through delay after delay. However we have been to visit her 3 times, the first when she was 5 weeks old. They are precious memories that we treasure. Last I saw her was in Sep at 6 months old. She has a photo of us in her crib, and I'm hoping she recognizes us when we pick her up next week.

**Jenny**
AP to Helina, home from Ethiopia at 10 months old in Feb 2010
BC, Canada
BC, Canada
Aww, how special. In the scheme of things, 10 months is nothing. You will have her in your arms and experience all of what you would with a newborn. She will have so many firsts after she comes home to you...including first opportunity to breastfeed!! yipee!

I was so excited last night. I ended up increasing by at least an ounce! I got 9.5 ounces! Not sure what i did different except that I have been eating oatmeal every day this week to see if it makes a difference! Maybe it has. We will see today after I complete my pumping for the day.

mama to 3 beautiful adopted kiddos-Alexa (8), Angie(5), Jaxon (5) and hoping to bf our 4th little one...due March 2010!
H
H
Lenore does say that eating oatmeal helps woman get more milk so I wouldn't be surprised if that is what helped you. Wow!

BC, Canada
BC, Canada
I hope so :0 ) I am looking forward to see what the output is tonight!

H
H
good luck! Please update! I'm interested to hear your progress! smile

BC, Canada
BC, Canada
I havent hit 9 again but very close. I havent had oatmeal all weekend but will start again tomorrow.
Maybe I just had a really good producing day!

Rapids Offline OP
experienced member
OP Offline
experienced member
Hey, congrats! I did the same when I hit 9 oz last week. I had 9.5 oz one day, then 8.5, then 7.5, then 8.5, etc and now I have been back to over 9 oz for 2 days in a row.

If I'm not online for a while it's because I am preparing for our trip this week, then we will be in Ethiopia until the 23rd. Can't wait to hear your production numbers by then, LOL!

I'm going to go buy some more oatmeal! HAHA

**Jenny**
BC, Canada
BC, Canada
Good luck Jenny!!! Cannot wait to hear all about your trip! You are bringing her home this time, right?
I need to get backi on the oatmeal. I didnt eat it all weekend and then the kids ate it all this morning and I didnt feel like making more! haha

I thinki I will go ahead and order the LNS.

Rapids Offline OP
experienced member
OP Offline
experienced member
Hey! Our embassy date in ET was delayed so we are not leaving until next Friday now. :((( We will be in ET from Jan 22-Feb 6. I can't wait to see my baby girl!!!! Yes, we are bringing her home this time.

Cool news, I am up to 10 oz per day. My small freezer is about full and I'm feeling pretty good. The breasts are not, though. They don't like being pumped and just about scream every time I hook up the suction. OUCH! I go back and forth between the 21 and 24mm flanges to give the nipples a break - the rub is a little different with each size flange. The 21mm are really too small so I just use them once in a while. I mostly use the lowest suction setting on my pump, but the highest speed. I'm really hoping the baby nursing will be more comfortable. But something tells me her suction will be stronger. I don't know what I'm gonna do...! Yiiiiiikes!

How's your milk supply MamaT?

**Jenny**
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.