photo of Lenore Goldfarb
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
Sorry in advance for what I'm about to write...it's a little graphic...not trying to be rude, just needing answers.

My dr did a D&C on 5-1-03 (I was 12 weeks pg, however the baby stopped developing at almost 10 wks). Anyway, I only bled 7 days with my last D&C and thougth the same thing was going to happen this time....I wasn't hardly bleeding at all when all of a sudden it starts up again. I'm not bleeding much (can get away with a pantiliner), but UGH!! I'm so frustrated!!! (CAUION: this next part may be TMI...) It seems like there might be an odor now (my hubby walked in the bthrm when I was peeing & he was like "whoa...what's that smell??)...I have no idea what an infection smells like...would that cause me to bleed longer? One more thing to note...we are starting the adoption process & are wanting to bfeed...my milk came in with this last D&C & so I've been trying to keep it in...would that be the cause of still bleeding?

Thanks,
Candace

DH Kelly Dogs-Kaycee & Cody Stillbirth @37 wks, 2 m/c @8 wks,12 wks Waiting to get matched
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hello,
If your flow has an odor, I would get it checked out...it could definately be an infection. I would not think the infection and bleeding would be related though.
After my m/c and d and c,,I don't recall after the initial heavy bleeding having any bleeding until that same time the next month.
How much breast milk are you pumping? Are you pumping both breasts at the same time every couple to three hours including once at night? I believe it is the night pumping that really helps keep your period away for the longest time.
I would check with your doc, just to be safe. Take care, Cathy

Canada
L
extra helpful experienced member
extra helpful experienced member
L
Canada
Hi Candace,

I'm not too happy with the sound of this. Please see your OB ASAP. Call the office and get him on the pager if you're still bleeding. If things don't improve, go to the ER and ask for the OB on call.

Fondly,

Lenore Goldfarb, Ph.D.,CCC,IBCLC
Wife to Rob, Mom to Adam aged 13, and Ethan aged 9, both born via GS and breastfed via Regular Newman-Goldfarb Protocol.

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.