photo of Lenore Goldfarb
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
N
NicoleB Offline OP
OP Offline
N
I have been pumping for 6 weeks now, and have been making VERY SLOW progress. I had times where I questioned whether I was ever going to produce enough milk to make this all worth it. However, I seem to have turned a corner. Progress is still slow, but my breasts are larger, I'm up to 3 oz per day, and I am FINALLY occasionally seeing sprays.

So, overall, on average, my daily production has increased by half an ounce per week. Slow going, for sure, but at least it's steady progress. For the first time, I'm feeling encouraged.

Many thanks to all of you who have offered your support over the past few weeks.

Nicole

BC, Canada
BC, Canada
Good for you Nicole! I have been pumping now for 4 months and only get 9 ounces so 3 is not too bad after 6 weeks! Keep it up.
How long do you have?

mama to 3 beautiful adopted kiddos-Alexa (8), Angie(5), Jaxon (5) and hoping to bf our 4th little one...due March 2010!
N
NicoleB Offline OP
OP Offline
N
My babies are already here (which is probably why I have been freaking out about my lack of progress). They were preemie twins. They still can't suck very hard, but I put them to the breast a couple of times a day. They don't get much (more because of their inability to suck), but I want them to get used to being there. When they get to their term date, I'm hoping they will be stronger and be able to actually nurse.

How much longer do you have? 9 oz is awesome -- my goal is actually to get to 8 oz per day. I have twins, so if each baby can get 4 oz per day, that's worth it to me for them to get the antibodies, etc.

Last edited by NicoleB; 01/24/10 03:41 AM.
BC, Canada
BC, Canada
yes, I do know that! I get mixed up when reading everyones posts! You are one busy mama! Have u tried using sns so that they are at the breast more often or is it too hard with them being so small?

We have 7 weeks to go. I am really starting to get anxious now! I am really trying hard to be there right away but looks like the law wins on this one and cant go for at least 5 days after she is born. If I had a way, I would send my stored breastmilk for them to feed her but I think that it would be all defrosted and warm by the time it got there!

My goal is 10-12 to start but the increase is so slow now, I think I may have to use the lactaid (which I just ordered!) until baby helps me increase.

mama to 3 beautiful adopted kiddos-Alexa (8), Angie(5), Jaxon (5) and hoping to bf our 4th little one...due March 2010!

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.