#1373 05/18/03 03:57 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hello,
and,,so far still just drops from both sides. I have had just a very slight amount of spotting, no red flow yet, some cramping last night at work. My breasts have gone down considerably in size. I am concerned that this is not going to work for me, after seven months on different meds etc.. I am pumpimg every 2 hours, massaging, trying warmth before pumping, taking herbs, drinking lots of water etc...
Should I expect more milk after I start my period? I know the bcp can take up to 1 week to get out of my system. I guess I have to give it more time. But, I am feeling depressed about no response yet. Thanks, Cathy

R
R
Hi Cathy,
I know how you feel. The first few days of pumping were so hard. I to noticed that my breasts went down in size alot. I think the bcp was causing them to look almost swelled. They felt like inflated ballons. Try to relax and take it easy if you can when you pump. At times though this is hard for me having a toddler. Now though my son likes to see the milk come out. In the bottles or me expressing it. Your milk will come.
Take care,
Bella

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bella,
Thanks for the support. It is turning a little clearer and thinner on the left..still barely a drop from the right. I really feel like the 6 weeks on the Yasmin "did me in"..the first 4 months on the Diane I felt more changes, then six week on Yasmin, I feel i went back down to square one! In hindsite should have just used Orho or Necon and stuck with that. The side effects would have probably been much less etc...
I try to relax when pumping at work,, I go into the bathroom of the locker room, standing up...I am going to go tomorrow after work and have a Prolactin level drawn,,,,so we'll see! Take care, Cathy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi Cathy

My name is Rosie

I did not go on any medical interventions to produce milk, but I did pump, take herbs, and dom.

It took about 2 weeks for me to feel moisture, then clear liquid, then an occasional opaque drop after a month. My right breast started first and is also considerably larger than the left. After 2 months of pumping, I just got a spray a few days ago and the sprays are coming more frequently. Again the spray started in the right breast and the left lagged behind. Ten days ago I started collecting my milk and now have about 14oz in the freezer. My left breast is just now starting to spray occasionally, while the right is more consistently spraying.

I tell you all this to encourage you that it takes time. You have an advantage in that you took the bcp and dom for all those months. Please believe me all your suffering, bloating, and hormone craziness WILL pay off. Just be patient and be consistent and do not get discouraged.

Look how long I have been working at it and I only am producing about 2 ounces a day right now. I am remaining focused, positive, pumping, and being consistent and taking my herbs and dom. My milk has become richer looking and beautifully white (it started out yellow). I am seeing the foremilk and the hind milk. I am looking forward to the day when our little one will suckle at mommy's breast!

Things should pick up rather quickly for you. The fact that you already have liquid coming outafter only 3 days is wonderful! Soon that liquid will become opaque, become more milky, and large drops will begin to come out, then you will see a spray or two and it will increase as the days go on.

I wish you the best in your endeavors with making milk for you rlittle one!!

God Bless YOU
Rosie

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks Rosie,
I am trying to keep positive, but I can't help but be a little discouraged. I am at day 4 of pumping, the left has a light brown creamy liquid that is at least getting the phlange and the horn wet,,still not enough to drip in the bottle. The right...absolutely nothing! When I was on the Diane, I could express drops and the right was always quicker....on the yasmin a tiny drop of dark black liquid, not the creamy tan color with the Diane. I am going to get my prolactin level drawn, if it is below 200 I may go back on the orho or necon for a while, esp since now our baby is not going to be home until December or later. We are trying to decide now between the slower Guatemala or the quicker Azerbaijan...which is two trips both parents and alot for the airfare..2,000 a piece x 2 trips,,Yikes!
Thanks for the encouragement,,,,take care, Cathy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Day 6 of pumping,,.,,I am wetting the phlange and horn on the left breast and drops on the right. I am a pumping machine,,,every two hours. I guess I was hoping to have the same fast results as Dawn L, so I am a little discouraged. Lenore says it is normal and to wait and see. I will keep everyone posted! Thanks, Cathy

extra helpful experienced member
Cathy,
Dawn is out of the Norm. Most women don't get milk like she did. Most have to build there supply up slowly. She just got lucky

Adoptive mommy to 4 , Last 2 adopted nursed. Youngest nursed till she was 5! Raising 2 grandbabies, as infants they were raised on donor breast milk smile
It will get there, Cathy, and I still think you are doing great! After 13 years of infertility, both male and female infertility issues, my body had to finally be good at something!
I may have had a quick start, but it has still taken me a long time to get where I am. I have been pumping since mid-January. If I had started pumping only 2-4 weeks before we expected our baby home, I think I would have had to use a Lact-Aid for a few weeks.
Don't be discouraged. You really are doing great! I am not just saying that.
DawnL

wife to Jim, mommy to Daphne and Jeran and Jalen
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hello,
I am positive that domperidone causes depression, even though it is not supposed to. I actually felt less depression on the bcp and domperidone together,,,the domperidone by itself is making me feel horrible. I am either on the verge of tears or am crying most of the time. I had this experience last August when I pumped and took domperidone, I felt so blue,
To make it worse, day seven, still only 1 drop from the right and a few from the left,,,and...my mother needs a cardiac cath procedure,,she is having angina attacks 2x this week.. she is only 59 years old. And, my son is had 4 D's and one E on his progress report, he may need to be held back. I am handing my papers in tomorrow, otherwise our baby may have to stay in Guatemala for the x-mas and new years holidays if we are not able to process her paperwork over there in a timely manner.
Dawn, Nona, Candace, Bella and Josie thanks for your support, I will keep pumping even though it is hard with no results. I went to get a Prolactin level drawn this am after work and it was to be a one hour wait at this walk in clinic so there was no way I could wait after being up all night.
I feel lots of lumps in my breasts, so I know there is breast tissue in there, I just wish that darn milk would start to flow, I could use some good news about now. Thanks, Cathy

Cathy,
I just went through some of the old postings and read about what you are going through with your adoption. My heart broke for you. I can't imagine how frustrated and heartbroken you must be...BUT...if I could offer any words of advice it would be to be prayerful about your situation. Be honest with your feelings. Maybe even write a "What I Should Be Thankful For" list (sometimes that helps me). I'm sorry that you're having such a hard time. Please know that we're out here thinking of you. I will say a prayer for you and ask God to grace you with patience and perserverence.

Take care of yourself,
Candace

DH Kelly Dogs-Kaycee & Cody Stillbirth @37 wks, 2 m/c @8 wks,12 wks Waiting to get matched
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.