Next Thread
Print Thread
#13923 10/23/10 03:33 PM
L
lojo Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Hi Everyone,

My husband and I are planning on adopting our first baby in Mid - November and I'm doing the protocol so that I can breastfeed. So, never lactated before. I took bcp for 3 months (and started the domp.) and just started pumping and herbs a little over a week ago. I'm getting over a tsp each day but it's been like that for about 5 days now. And I can still hand express quite a few milk drops from each side after every pumping session. Is this normal? Or should I look at getting a better pump? I'm using the Avent Isis Duo electric pump and the suction seems strong enough (I can only pump on high if I work up to it on each session - can't start there). But I do not want to waste time if I need a better pump.

The hospital pumps available to rent in our city are mostly the Ameda elite and I think there is one Medela, (symphony or lactina). Any preference between these two? I've also posted on the buy/sell forum for a used limerick.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

lojo #13925 10/25/10 01:25 AM
L
lojo Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Oops! I think this belongs under inducing lactation. I'm still trying to figure my way around the site. So I'm going to move my post over there.

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.