Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#14080 04/03/11 02:20 AM
Sault Ste Marie, Mi
OP Offline
Sault Ste Marie, Mi
O.k so I am doing the excel protocol, and stopped pumping, bc I was doing it wrong! I'm went from hopeless to really excited today! I felt severly engorged sore, and went to the bathroom. You know how its just instinct to relieve yourself, lol! Well I got nothing, and noticed the boobs are getting kind of hard. I just ordered the Yasmin, but have been taking equivelent to 1mg of progesterone while pumping, bc I was misled by info on the web. How do I know when its enough, bc I'm not technically inducing lacation, I am relactating? I want to get the most success out of this bc I plan on giving this to my son till he's at least 5. The health dep. has him on Lactaid for now, and have to add he is doing much better, and makes me more at ease. I also don't want to go until its unbearable either, should I just grin and bare it. I'm not sure if I am allowed to take tylenol while doing this to ease some of the pain.

Somtimes the best gift God can give is patience
Sault Ste Marie, Mi
OP Offline
Sault Ste Marie, Mi
I appreciate all your guys help, and don't mean to be an annoyance or anything. I'm a single first time mommy trying to do whats best for my son, and I am still learning. He definately gives me so much joy!

C
C
I don't know much about pumping to ease the pain but I know tylenol is allowed while on the protocol. I had severe cramps when I started the protocol and was on tylenol. Good luck!

Cutie #14088 04/04/11 01:10 AM
Sault Ste Marie, Mi
OP Offline
Sault Ste Marie, Mi
Well here it goes started the bcp today, kind of fatigued and anxious, but il be ok. Now if I could keep myself from pumping, bc I got sprays this morning. Here is to my journey, hopefully it won't take to long for the breast changed bc I technically have been doing this for a week now. Wish me luck! Cheers to my sons health!

Sault Ste Marie, Mi
OP Offline
Sault Ste Marie, Mi
I was massaging my breast about an hour ago and notice a bunch of little bumps around my aerolas that weren't there before. I got myself in a little bit of panick thinking the worst, went online, and lo and behold I discover they are montgomery tubercles. They are either caused from changes in the breast from pregnancy or lactation! Yippy! Now we are getting some where!

Sault Ste Marie, Mi
OP Offline
Sault Ste Marie, Mi
I have a question, I am out of my bcp waiting for my yasmin to get in the mail, do I have to start the protocol all over again? and should I get goats rue shipped over night just in case, or what about a combo of estrogen and progesterone cream? It seems like every time I get the ball rolling something comes up, I'm already in deep with this I am not giving up.

Illinois
J
extra helpful experienced member
extra helpful experienced member
J
Illinois
when will the bcp's arrive. How long have you been on the bcp's already?
Jennifer

jenmarko #14097 04/07/11 01:18 PM
Sault Ste Marie, Mi
OP Offline
Sault Ste Marie, Mi
I've only been on them since the 22nd, I just took what I had left in the closet. My yasmin is supposed to be here in a couple more days I hope.

Sault Ste Marie, Mi
OP Offline
Sault Ste Marie, Mi
I ordered Vitanica, some more blessed thistle, and fenugreek just in case. I have a ton of Alfalfa too! I started pumping, and have about 5 ml, so I am at a limbo!

Texas
T
T
Texas
I've been confused about what protocol you were on, since you mentioned pumping, but also taking BCP's. The way I understand it, you're not supposed to pump at all until you're through with the BCP part of the protocol. But, I'm going to take a stab at your implied question, anyway...

If you go off the BCPs for a week, you'll have a rapid lowering of your levels of progesterone and estrogen. But if you were only on them a week or so to begin with, I doubt they've had time to 'do their thing'. So, I would start counting days over from when the new pack of BCPs arrive, unless you have some means of keeping your estrogen and progesterone up while you wait. I'm not familiar with Vitanica, so I don't know what that's supposed to do.

The main thing with the BCP phase, the way I understand it, is to take the pills for at least 30 days or until you see significant changes in the breast and then to stop the pills and start pumping.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.