Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
C
Cutie Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Thanks Darillyn, that was really helpful. I never knew you could send back the lactaid if you are not gonna use it. I expect our hospital to be supportive to some extent because I had a tour with them earlier on and they told me their policy is to keep the surro in one room after delivery and the bio mom and baby in one room if the baby is ok to be with you. They also told me they have lactation experts in case I want to nurse and need some help. They said they have dealt with lots of surro deliveries and know what to expect. Our due date is the 17th. We started off with twins and our due date was 02/23 but along the line one of them stopped growing, they called it vanishing twin syndrome and that pushed our EDD from Feb to Mar.

C
Cutie Offline OP
OP Offline
C
I just wanted to give an update on how the pumping is going. I started pumping about 15days ago and on the first day I made about 1oz total which I did not save. On second day, I made about 2oz and it increased from there, now I am making an average of 15oz per day and I pump 5 to 7 times a day and once at night. What are the chances that I can exclusively breastfeed and do you girls think I will need the lactaid? I have almost 2gallons stored in the freezer.

Cochabamba, Bolivia
L
experienced member
experienced member
L
Cochabamba, Bolivia
Wow, that's incredible!
Sounds like you will do well with EBF. Way to go!

Illinois
J
extra helpful experienced member
extra helpful experienced member
J
Illinois
It sounds like you are doing great. That is better than my response even with the baby with me. I think I was up to about 12 oz after 2 weeks. That is when I stopped supplementing and just nursed on demand and my supply kept up with her need. She was ebf from 2 weeks on.

I doubt you'll need a lactaid. In the first few days, she'll only be drinking 6-8 oz a day. You will probably actually have to pump after feeding her at first to keep your supply up. Once she starts eating more, my bet is that you'll just increase with her need.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.
Jennifer

C
Cutie Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Thanks Linda and Jennifer, I truly value the support I get here. I will let you know how it goes when baby gets here.

M
M
Hi Cutie,
Curious how things turned out when your LO was born, how nursing is going? We are due to have our baby in 6 weeks via scheduled rpt csection. Our surro has chosen not to pump colostrum for us but I have a significant amount from a couple donors.

I just finished my meds 2 days ago and have been pumping. I have breast fed my older mamma born daughters & was always very successful. I am producing a steady stream of clear fluid from my "better" breast & am up 2 cup sizes in my bras.

Hoping you have good news to report & congrats on your journey!
Mmkmom

C
Cutie Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Hi Mmkmom, thanks for checking in. Our son was born in mid March and I gave update on how the breastfeeding is going, sorry you didn't get it. Here is the link to the thread http://www.asklenore.info/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=14073&page=2#Post14073 He has been exclusively breastfed from the time he was 30mins old to now that he is 2months old. I am so glad that things worked out fine and we did not need the lactaid. I was really amazed because this is the first time I am breastfeeding. With the way things are going, am thinking we will just do exclusive until 6months before introducing solids. He is a feeding machine and am glad to be a match to his demand. He is also growing bigger by the day.

I am sure you will have success since you've breastfed before, I wish you luck all through. Good to hear you got donated colostrum, our surro pumped for us and I syringe fed them to baby. Let me know how things go.

C
Cutie Offline OP
OP Offline
C
I forgot to mention that I pumped a freezer load before baby was born and we haven't even gotten to that.

M
M
Cutie,
Congrats! Sounds like things are awesome.

I am hoping for the same success. I tend to wander in & out of this board but am now cking more frequently since we are getting closer. That's prob how I missed your progress.

Again, congrats. Sounds like you guys are in heaven!
Mmkmom

C
Cutie Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Thanks Mmkmom, I will be checking in to see how things go. I bet you must be excited by now.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.