South east
Tobin's Offline OP
OP Offline
South east
So, what ARE the clear drops?

Mom to Ty and soon-to-be mom to Toby.
C
C
The videos on the Stanford website are fantastic for learning to hand epxress. Watch that one and the one on making more milk. You do need to register to view them (the site was recently hacked so they had to add this step) but it's well worth registering and viewing. http://newborns.stanford.edu/Breastfeeding/

Illinois
J
extra helpful experienced member
J
Illinois
The clear drops usually signal the start of the milk. Have they turned cloudy yet? Have you had any more success? Have you been able to increase your dom?
Jennifer

South east
Tobin's Offline OP
OP Offline
South east
I went ahead and increased the Dom. I'm now taking 20mg 4 times/day. There will come a time when I'm out and won't be able to get a prescription for more, but I'll cross that bride when I come to it.

I think increasing really did the trick, though! I now get about 5ml/pump total. Not a lot yet, but it's milk! Also, it's been increasing really fast (doubling every day or so), so I'm very happy. I wish there was a way to know when I'd start getting real amounts though! I'm so impatient!

TX
J
J
TX
Order thru inhousepharmacy.

Mom to baby boy born April 8th and placed April 19th. Finally got the nursing going, even without a supplementer at times!
Illinois
J
J
Illinois
I second Jennifer. I ordered through inhousepharmacy.biz You don't need a prescription.
Jennifer

South east
Tobin's Offline OP
OP Offline
South east
I wouldn't? Is that allowed? I was under the impression you needed one!

Illinois
J
J
Illinois
I ordered through a compounding pharmacy here with a doctor's prescription at first because my insurance covered it. When they stopped, it would have cost me a ton. So I started ordering it from inhousepharmacy.biz Many of the people on this board (who aren't from Canada) order it from there. I never had any problems. The pills were in the original packaging made by a known pharmaceutical company. You have to do what you feel comfortable doing, though.
Jennifer

South east
Tobin's Offline OP
OP Offline
South east
I guess I just didn't realize it was allowed. I'm excited though!

Denver, CO
P
P
Denver, CO
Yeah, I order from inhousepharmacy.com too. The only issue is you have to be home when they deliver, because you have to sign for it. I learned that the first time... Just have it delivered to your work if you're able to (if you work outside the home).

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.