Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#15021 10/28/12 04:15 PM
MA
C
Colette Offline OP
OP Offline
C
MA
Our baby is due first week in February. I have started to induce lactation and have tried a few different Protocols and would like to ask your advice from here.

1. I started in April. First I tried just Domperidone and pumping. After 2 1/2 months just drops.

2. Then middle of July I tried - Domperidone 2 x 4 day with 200 Prometrium and Estradiol patch on breasts for 28 days. I had very significant breast changes. Larger size, heavy, and much darker areolas. After being on this protocol I started pumping every 3 hours and after 2 1/2 months just several drops. The breast changes diminished over time. Breasts went back to pre size and color.

3. Went to my doctor who specials in infertility and endocrinology. He did blood work and breast MRI. All come out perfect. I showed him your articles. He cleared me to start BCP of ZARAH, generic of YASMIN. I also take 20 x 4 times a day Domperidone. I will take these four 4 months and then start pumping.

I am 47 but run 1 1/2 hrs a day and take aspirin everyday, also never smoked or blood pressure issues. I even wear therapeutic stockings a night. (this all reduces the risk of taking BCP) I also am to keep once a month appointments with this doctor for close watch.

4. I have been on the ZARAH now for 21 days and have not experienced any breast changes. Should I "add" small amount of Prometrium and the Estradiol patch to my breasts, adding to my Current BCP Protocol? or add 1/2 provera??

When I started this journey I had 10 months to prepare, now I am down to 3 1/2 months and do not want to waste anymore time on wrong amounts of hormones. I want to stay on hormones as long as possible and when baby is here start nursing with supplemented, donated, breast milk until mine comes in. I will also pump.

Thank everyone so much for your time,

Colette

Colette
C
experienced member
experienced member
C
Hi Colette,

I would email Lenore with this question.

MA
C
Colette Offline OP
OP Offline
C
MA
Hi,
Yes, I did also email Lenore but wanted to see if other women had this experience and what solutions worked for them.
We are the women pioneering this new frontier!!

Heartfelt thanks to all,

Colette

Illinois
J
extra helpful experienced member
J
Illinois
I agree to check with Lenore or Dr. Newman for medication suggestions. I will say that I had very little breast change before I started pumping. I also have a bio son and I had little breast change while pregnant, so I think this is normal for me.

Jennifer

MA
C
Colette Offline OP
OP Offline
C
MA
Okay.....

Lenore did write me back and said that "Zarah", generic for "Yasmin" is no longer recommended for any Protocol! The risk of Deep Vein Thrombosis" is very high with this BCP. She said that if I insist on a progesterone/estrogen pill for me to use "Ortho 1/35. I have called my Doctor to discuss this switch.

Colette
South east
South east
If it helps, I really never got any significant breast changes. One grew a little. The other seems content to stay about the same.

Mom to Ty and soon-to-be mom to Toby.
MA
C
Colette Offline OP
OP Offline
C
MA
Were you able to achieve full milk supply or close to it, Tobin?
Did you use BCP and which one, if it is okay to ask?

Colette
Illinois
J
J
Illinois
I got a full supply with little breast change during the protocol. I used the Yasmin because that is what was recommended at the time. The second time they were recommending the Ortho, but I stuck with the Yasmin because I had good luck with it the first time.
Jennifer

South east
South east
I've gotten a little over 3 ounces a day so far. I'm hoping for more once Toby gets here.

I used Yasmin. I had really bad side effects, so I only took two packs.

Mom to Ty and soon-to-be mom to Toby.
MA
C
Colette Offline OP
OP Offline
C
MA
My doctor got back to me on taking the Yasmin and said with all the precautions I have taken, Yasmin is okay. He also sees me once a month and said not to worry.
Tobin, what where your "bad side effects". I really feel great on Yasmin and will just be patient and not worry about not seeing any breast changes.

Colette
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.