Good luck!
Jennifer

MA
C
Colette Offline OP
OP Offline
C
MA
I am at day 8 with pumping. Progress is slow. First day got total 8 ml but just drops since then.
Day ...
1. 8 ml
2. Drops formed
3. A few more drops than yesterday
4. Drops now dripping off nipple
5. Drops dripping off nipple
6. Drops dripped into breast shield during pumping, maybe 3
7. Two times had a small squirt while hand expressing
8, Drips in shield and one squirt.

I take Fenugreek, blessed thistle, alfalfa and eat oatmeal every day.
I try to pump 11 times a day (once at night) but some days are 9.
Some days my breasts feel fuller, others no change.

I remember that Lenore stated she felt that she had drops forever in the beginning, so trying to not get discouraged.

Colette
MA
C
Colette Offline OP
OP Offline
C
MA
Oh, forgot to say that I am taking 20 mg of domperidone 5 times a day, totaling 100 mg a day.

Colette
MA
C
Colette Offline OP
OP Offline
C
MA
Okay...
It has now been 19 days of pumping and still just drops and an occasional squirt when I hand express. I have still not experienced any breast changes. Today I saw my doctor and discussed with him what matters most to me; the bonding experience or having breast milk. To me I want to provide breast milk for my child thru age 2 years. So I have decided to go back on the hormones for 3 more months. Baby may be born but can use donor milk until I am ready. I just do not want to use donor milk forever. I want to produce the milk and breast feed my child myself.
I will not go back onto the Yasmin, do to lack of breast changes but will take Prometrium and use Estradiol cream or patches on my breasts. Dr Jack Newman has had some success with this combination.
As always I will keep everyone posted. This is such a learning journey for all of us.

Colette
MA
C
Colette Offline OP
OP Offline
C
MA
I have been on the Prometrium and estradiol patches on breasts now for seven days. I am increasing in size with nipple and breast tenderness. I feel this protocol I am responding to.

Colette
MA
C
Colette Offline OP
OP Offline
C
MA
Mother is doing better and looks like she will make it full-term. I plan on staying on this protocol until the baby is born in February.

Colette
MA
C
Colette Offline OP
OP Offline
C
MA
I do want to tell you that the amount of Prometruim my doctor prescribed is 200 mg and to apply .10 Vivelle Estradiol patch on eash breast changing every 3 1/2 days. (patch is only active for 3 1/2 days) This he feels is closer to the dosing in a Yasmin BCP. Both of these hormones are Bio-Identical and much safer than birth control pills for women over 35. I have had breast changes in the 10 days since I have been taking this medication. I will have to wait to see if it is effective.

Colette
C
experienced member
experienced member
C
Glad you are seeing an improvement. Keep us updated.

Illinois
J
extra helpful experienced member
extra helpful experienced member
J
Illinois
Hope it works out for you!
Jennifer

MA
C
Colette Offline OP
OP Offline
C
MA
Hi Everyone,
>
> Just an update here...
> I have now been on this hormonal protocol (200 mg Prometrium with .10 Estradiol patch on each breast and 3 Domperidone 5 x a day ) for one month and my breasts are responding nicely! They are much fuller, heavier, and sore with very tender nipples. The nipples are also getting darker. These are all signs
that my breasts are building more aveoli. I will be on this Protocol until March 24th and then start stimulation.
> I will check back in a month from now for another up date.
>
> Warm Thoughts To All,

Colette
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.