Yay!
Jennifer

MA
C
Colette Offline OP
OP Offline
C
MA
Today is day 8 of pumping after hormones and durning hand expression I got a spray of milk!
It seems as though the Progress of drops, dripping, and sprays of milk, take the same order after hormones as it does just using natural methods. The difference is it moves along faster. When I just used natural methods I did not get to sprays of milk until 8 weeks.

Medication and herbs that I am taking...
150 mg domperidone
Fenugreek 2 , 3x a day
Blessed thistle 2, 3x a day
Alfalfa. 3, 3x a day
More milk special blend
by Motherslove 2, 3x a day
Lots of water
The first few days I tried giving up my coffee and it's a no go. So I do drink 2 cups of coffee a day and it has not seemed to affect anything. It may be counteracted by all the water I drink.

Colette
MA
C
Colette Offline OP
OP Offline
C
MA
Today is day 10 of pumping,
I am in getting 1 mL out of each breast at each pumping!
When I was using natural methods for months I did not get this much ever. I hope it keeps increasing.!!!! smile
Our baby boy will be here on Friday. I will be using Supplemental nursing system.

Colette
Illinois
J
extra helpful experienced member
J
Illinois
Sounds great!
Jennifer

C
experienced member
experienced member
C
Congratulations!

MA
C
Colette Offline OP
OP Offline
C
MA
Today is day 16 of pumping and I still am not getting any more then 1 mL from each breast. Our baby arrived three days ago and I've been using the supplemental nursing system with him. I hope that nursing him will help increase my supply.

Colette
MA
C
Colette Offline OP
OP Offline
C
MA
The Doctor also gave me some Oxytocin nasal spray to help with lactation and my let down. It does not seem to have made a difference.

Colette
MA
C
Colette Offline OP
OP Offline
C
MA
Getting so discouraged. I am still just getting about 1 mL maybe a little more after each pumping. Even with our son Nursing using supplemental nursing system. I thought it would help the supply. It has only been a week with him nursing but three weeks of pumping. I am so tired it is really hard keeping up with everything. I am not giving up though just getting discouraged. My doctor has given me and oxytocin nasal spray to help with milk let down if that is the problem I have noticed slightly more.

Colette
M
M
Colette - your story sounds so similar to mine. I think that for some people this
just doesn't work for whatever reason. Unfortunately people don't talk about the failures so it seems like it should always work. Giving up also feels so disappointing after everything you have invested (emotionally and financially) into induced lactation.

At 6 weeks I gave up after not getting more than 7 ml/day and then decided to restart the protocol for 3 months. My daughter will be almost 6 months old before I know if it worked or not. I am not holding out much hope

I think that the over 35 progesterone only protocol is particularly ineffective for some people. My dr suggested a modification on the regular one and is holding out hope that i will see better results with that one.

Illinois
J
J
Illinois
Do you know for sure that he isn't getting anything while he is nursing with the SNS? Are you using the Lactaid or the Medela? I wonder if you have more when he is nursing and you just don't know it. Is there any seediness to his bm's?

Sorry you are having such a difficult time.
Jennifer

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Admin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums15
Topics3,354
Posts15,682
Members1,904
Most Online328
Jan 10th, 2023
Forum Rules · Mark All Read Contact Us · Forum Help · home

If you value this service, kindly consider a donation to the Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation (registered charity). Earmark the donation for the International Breastfeeding Centre (Newman Breastfeeding Clinic) and/or the Goldfarb Breastfeeding Program.

Donate online: canadahelps.org

Donate by mail: Canadian Breastfeeding Foundation, 5890 Monkland Ave, Suite 16, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4A 1G2.

© 2002-2019 Dr. Lenore Goldfarb, PhD, CCC, IBCLC, ALC and contributing authors to AskLenore.info. All rights reserved.

Disclaimer: All material provided in asklenore.info is provided for educational purposes only. Consult your physician regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.